How to allocate for vacancy with tenant in house?

How to allocate for vacancy with tenant in house?

Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 5 votes

If I'm looking at a house with a voucher tenant who has the state paying 100% of the rent and the tenant is looking to resign, how much do I allocate for vacancy? Still go with 8% to be conservative or can I drop this to 5%.

In the long run I figured there will be vacancy at some point but wondered about what to allocate when running numbers on it now

Thanks!

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brad HammondBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 605 votes
    5y

    I would allocate 5% no matter the situation.  It is better to have extra money than not enough.  The reason you are saving for a vacancy is not for the current tenant, it is for the next one.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.