Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Preston Davie
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
I’ve found the investors, what’s the next step?

Preston Davie
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Mar 5 2021, 16:47

Rookie here:

Hey everyone, so I’ve been doing my research on investing. Podcasts, books, forums, etc. I’ve found a few deals here and there just from causal browsing and I’ve sparked the interest of a few investors. Now to be clear, one of them is a friend of mine. The other two in the “investment team” I don’t know. They are stock market guys looking for something new. We haven’t solidified anything yet, it was just a friendly conversation. That being said we’re all looking for the same thing. Trying to find a apartment complex so we can get some cash flow coming in.

Let’s get hypothetical. I find a ten door apartment complex for 500k, I bring the deal to them and they decide they want to move forward. I will most likely be putting 0 money down, so what do I offer to keep myself involved? Can they steal the deal from underneath me? How much of that monthly cashflow should I ask for? What’s stopping me from just hiring someone else to be the property manager?

I wrote this quickly and out of curiosity. I guess the short question is: I’ve found the investors, I’ve found the deal, what do I do next?

Thanks for the help guys! I realize there’s a lot more to this but just looking for some help!

Loading replies...