Foreign / non-american Investors | Do I have any disadvantages?

Foreign / non-american Investors | Do I have any disadvantages?

Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Heyy! I’m from Santa Cruz, Bolivia and I want to start rental property ingesting in the States, preferably in Florida.

I don’t really know the differences that may be between a us citizen and everyone else...

I’m just 21 so I don’t have a lot of money so I was wondering how different would everything be for me.

What is the best way I could start?

Thanks! :)

0Reply
3 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 113 posts · 51 votes
    5y

    The biggest difference would probably be financing. if you are getting a mortgage, generally speaking, it's likely that you will need to make a larger downpayment at a higher interest rate (assuming you have no properties or collateral within the continental US). 

    This can be overcome by partnering with a local, and they may be able to help get better terms for the loan. Furthermore, there are lenders who focus on helping foreign investors, often times specific to certain geographical areas. You may be able to get good terms from them. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.