Getting thoughts on investing in PA

Getting thoughts on investing in PA

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote

So im in the frist step to being able to invest I have about 20 grand and on the way to have another 20 in 5 months . Any advice for a new and investor trying to get in PA

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 62 votes
5y

Hey @Brian Tetitla congrats on the beginning of your real estate journey. Piggy backing off of @Jonathan Greene, Philly is a great market to get into right now. The markets really hot but it's pretty block by block so you need to know where to look. I think 40-50k is a good starting cash amount but it all depends on whether your looking for flips or rentals. Also, how much work you're looking to put into the rehab. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · PA · Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 131 votes
    5y

    My Team works in Central PA (Harrisburg to philly) I'm biased but I think PA has some good markets with affordable deals. We like Reading, York, Lancaster, and Pottstown markets especially.   

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y

    PA is small, but not that small. Where in PA? Interested in Philly or Central? I like a ton of areas in Philly, even now with the market hot, but you have to match your purchasing power to an area that you can understand and have access to and your level of involvement as well.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 62 votes
    5y

    Hey @Brian Tetitla congrats on the beginning of your real estate journey. Piggy backing off of @Jonathan Greene, Philly is a great market to get into right now. The markets really hot but it's pretty block by block so you need to know where to look. I think 40-50k is a good starting cash amount but it all depends on whether your looking for flips or rentals. Also, how much work you're looking to put into the rehab. 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Jonathan Greene I'm not really sure I just really like Pennsylvania that houses looked nice and if it's my budget, But central Pennsylvania looks pretty nice

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Kevin Uzelac 40 to 50K would be no problem getting this year as far as we have I'll be willing to put another Is $20000 if I have to but I'm mostly looking into rentals

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 61 posts · 62 votes
    5y

    @Brian Tetitla it's definitely possible to buy a fixer upper for that price but you may need some additional hard money to complete the rehab and get it ready for rent/flip. 

  • Specialist · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 26 votes
    5y

    @Brian Tetitla if you find the right deal, your 40-50K gives you enough leverage for a lender. In order to get it rent-ready, I’m finding most of the properties I do need new windows & doors, kitchen, baths, flooring, and curb appeal to try and maximize the value. It all depends on the investor. If you want market value rents, you’ll likely need a bigger budget but you have a good starting capital.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.