All cash offer (lowball) finally ACCEPTED! INDIANAPOLIS,IN

All cash offer (lowball) finally ACCEPTED! INDIANAPOLIS,IN

Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 18 votes

After making a lot of offers… now finally got accepted. Talk about a numbers game and sticking with it. 

Now:

Lining up inspection

Insurance quotes 

Getting the contractor bids for rent ready rehab. 

Property management terms review.

Excited about the potential for a deal in this market. 

1Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · NY · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Rob Nappi

    Hey, congrats! How are you going about looking for contractors? I have one and closing on another in Indy. Just curious your strategy. Thanks!

  • Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    I took a visit out there and have 3 contractors that I work with. 
    I took a visit to many of their current projects at the time. 

    Now I use those 3 contractors for bids. 
    solid guys and do solid work. Don’t ever go cheap on a contractor. 
    That can set you back for years. 

    Strategy I’m using:

    Offering embarrassing low offers ALL CASH. Getting a feel of how desperate they are to selling. If they don’t counter offer then I might see what they are willing to let it go for. 
    funding it with my HELOC.

    Indy is super cheap compared to my area here in Sonoma County, Ca. 

    Rehab (rent ready), reassess current rents, rent it, season it (6months) and refinance it. 
    keeping my only debt to income to my primary mortgage here in California. 
    no car payments, credit cards paid off monthly etc.

    Also, looking into buying property out here in California and setting up a glamping business.

    That will help fund more cash flowing properties. 

    Where are you currently investing? 
    Thanks for reaching out. 😀

    Rob Nappi 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.