Anyone Invest in Single or multifamily in Hastings Nebraska

2 Replies

I’ve been looking into my first out of state investment property but wanted to get something within 5 hours from home (Fort Collins CO) if possible. Just wanted to get a feel for a little longer distance investing before I try my hand across country. Was wondering if anyone has had any luck in Hastings Nebraska? If so what kind of property and what kind of cash flow are you looking at? Any other advice or input on the area is also appreciated

Thank you Kindly, Steven

Hi Steven, I live in Foco as well and go to Nebraska quite a bit on trips to Western/Middle of Nebraska to go fishing and hunting with my significant other.  If you have been to Hastings, it's relatively small at about a population of 24,000 people.  It depends what you are trying to do with your investment property. The prices are cheap, which is nice, but in my personal opinion I would do an airbnb for hunters or something near Lake McConaughy so there is something more to do!  Not sure what the rents are like around there/what range of people are looking for regular long term rentals in that area.   Hope that helps! Kim

Hi @Steven Thinnes

Living in FoCo I have kicked around the idea of investing in Nebraska.  I like the idea that Kim brings up about doing destination Airbnb targeted at hunters if it would have others who frequent the area outside of hunting season.  (Admittedly I don't know much about hunting.) Lincoln is only about an hour farther out than Hastings, what about looking there?  It has a larger population with a stronger job market and a college that would drive rental prices.  It would be at least be easier to analyze the market and find deals.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you