Great Lender Experience? Aloha Capital? Lendinghome (Kiavi)? Etc

Great Lender Experience? Aloha Capital? Lendinghome (Kiavi)? Etc

Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2020 · 54 posts · 18 votes

Hi BiggerPockets family,

I'm a Michigan investor and looking for a lender for long term financing and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any of the following lenders or anyone else that they would highly recommend:

Aloha Capital

Lendinghome (now Kiavi)

Legacy Capital Finance

Assurance Financial

AccoLend

BRRRR Strategy (Investor Property Loan)

Thanks for any help. 

0Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Nick BelskyBusiness Member
Residential and Commercial Broker · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 704 votes
4y

@Darvin Johnson

Accolend is top notch and very competitive rates.  

Kiavi is comparable but rates and costs will be slightly higher.  They offer no buy down or other options.

BRRRR Strategy is ok, but they are typical compared to many other lenders. Nothing special about them.

Cheers!

Belsky Mortgage, LLC527 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
    4y

    What are you looking to do? Refinance, purchase a turn key, or fix and flip?

  • Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2020 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    @Timothy Hero Looking to purchase turnkey properties. 

  • Nick BelskyBusiness Member
    Residential and Commercial Broker · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 704 votes
    4y

    @Darvin Johnson

    Accolend is top notch and very competitive rates.  

    Kiavi is comparable but rates and costs will be slightly higher.  They offer no buy down or other options.

    BRRRR Strategy is ok, but they are typical compared to many other lenders. Nothing special about them.

    Cheers!

    Belsky Mortgage, LLC527 Reviews
  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Darvin Johnson, have you started with any of these?  I have used LendingOne a couple of times and got started with Mofin, and I recommend both of those. 

    I also have used Visio, who now offer mortgages for vacation rentals, and they have a prepayment penalty vs 35 basis points for a long term mortgage. My loan with Visio had a 5 year prepayment penalty and a rate in the 7% range. I'm sure they are lower now, and haven't checked recently.

    Kiavi sent a marketing piece with rates as low as 3.625% with a 3 year prepayment penalty.

  • Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2020 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    @Nick Belsky thanks, I appreciate the comment. I hadn't found anyone here how'd used Accolend. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2020 · 54 posts · 18 votes
    4y

    @Kerry Baird I've reached out to Kiavi and One Nation but haven't closed a deal with either yet. I'd never heard of Mofin so thanks for that! A 5 year prepayment! I plan on holding long term so it should matter but that's great info because I've also chnaged my mind a few times based on the market and new opportunities. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.