Madison, WI · Member since 2021 · 75 posts · 19 votes
I am looking to do my first private lending to an investor and a very wise investor from Bigger Pockets recommended that I need a lawyer that specializes in lending. I am in the Madison area, but I am not sure that it even matters.
So if anyone has a lawyer that they can recommend, I would greatly appreciate it.
Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2020 · 351 posts · 504 votes
4y
Hi Wendy! The absolute best in the business is going to be Geraci LLP. THey are based out of California but cover all 50 states. They have a program called Lightning Docs where you can generate state specific documents in their online system. I will forewarn you that they are a bit pricey, but when you are talking about legally protecting yourself from the loss of that much capital for a usual loan amount, what's $1000 to make sure you are legally covered. On their website they have a ton of articles and recorded webinars they hold about private lending as well, so they are a wealth of information! Let them know I sent you, they know me lol. I don't get anything out of it, but they might get a chuckle out of it! lol.