Rental Property Investor · Los Gatos, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 131 votes
Has anyone had any experience using McMann Commercial Lending. Currently looking at potentially using them for a $2m loan/beloc on an 8 unit building. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
I’m going through the same story. 180 days today and still nothing. I asked numerous times the name of the bank who’s supposedly issuing this loan, I asked for the name and contact info of their attorneys, I asked to see the beloc application with the bank…. Never would they provide me anything. They are always on a conference call and never have a update when it will funds. Multiple times they gave me a funding date but it never happened. They also promised me a bridge loan since the beloc is late but the bridge loan also never happened. They gave me a fake testimonial letter from supposedly someone who got funded by a beloc …. We called and it was someone who got a unsecured line of credit and not a beloc of $19MM. Now they are telling me that the bank in UK is illegally holding the funds. I asked again to speak with the attorneys but they refused again. Now I will try to get my deposit back. I will definitely go after them… this is a scam and I have hundreds of text messages and emails where they lied to me and they put me in a ton of troubles. Here is a screenshot of the last time my loan officer said the beloc was funding (March 7th) and obviously it did not happen and now they telling me again they don’t know when it’s gonna happen …
Since the Federal Reserve has stopped making US Dollars cheap and easy it seems some loan applicants have forgotten that the commercial lending money supply has been reduced by over 50%. Since supply has diminished it would be appropriate to look at commercial loan applicants unrealistic demands with concern about the wherewithal of the applicant lodging the complaint.
I am a nationwide commercial mortgage broker and almost put a client with McMann when I heard about their product. Fortunately, I did my due diligence thoroughly and advised my client that while it sounds like a perfect product the old adage applies that "if it sounds to good to be true chances are it is too good to be true". We got his loan funded another way.
@Jim Guerriero - Thankfully you did good for your client. Unfortunately, McMann did not help their clients in any way. They fed us to Genie and Genie stole millions! I have lost well over $50K.