Looking to get into hard money lending under $50k. Any advice?

Most Popular Reply

George RandallPro Member
Lender 路 Chattanooga, TN 路 Member since 2016 路 58 posts 路 23 votes
3y

I can鈥檛 comment on south FL, but in most markets, your potential client base for under $50k might be a bit limited. I would recommend the BP book, Lend to Live. It鈥檚 been very helpful to me. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Fort Collins, CO 路 Member since 2023 路 171 posts 路 116 votes
    3y

    Hey @Nicole Muscarella, 

    I haven't personally used them but Kiavi.com is an option that I have heard in hard money lending conversations a lot. There are other companies that are similar that you can check out as well. hope that helps and best of luck 馃馃崁 

  • George RandallPro Member
    Lender 路 Chattanooga, TN 路 Member since 2016 路 58 posts 路 23 votes
    3y

    I can鈥檛 comment on south FL, but in most markets, your potential client base for under $50k might be a bit limited. I would recommend the BP book, Lend to Live. It鈥檚 been very helpful to me. 

  • Lender 路 Member since 2018 路 617 posts 路 275 votes
    3y

    Are you looking to lend money or looking for a sub-50k hard money loan yourself?

  • Lender 路 42 states 路 Member since 2022 路 27 posts 路 5 votes
    3y

    Lend to Live is a great way to gain knowledge in this regard! There is a Facebook page, too. We do some private equity investing, which is not a hard money loan, but the end result is quite similar for all parties. We regularly receive requests for $50k or less. My experience tells me that this is a very reasonable amount to get started. Feel free to contact me if I may be helpful.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.