Sterling Heights, MI · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes
Hi Everyone! My name is Tony Benny (Benacquista) I own and operate an egress window installation business. We are very busy with egress windows,But I recently started investing in real estate (and I love it). I have a few rentals and I 've also flipped a few homes in the past 3 years. I am interested in multifamily purchasing, Anyone has inside info on financing on these I would greatly appreciate it. I was a homebuilder 22 years ago before I started my egress window company, so I am also interested in build smaller scale multifamily to start. Anyone in metro detroit area that has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I can assist anyone in return with egress window issues (repairs, code interpretation and compliance) It was great meeting you all and I look forward to having conversations with you!!
Hi Everyone! My name is Tony Benny (Benacquista) I own and operate an egress window installation business. We are very busy with egress windows,But I recently started investing in real estate (and I love it). I have a few rentals and I 've also flipped a few homes in the past 3 years. I am interested in multifamily purchasing, Anyone has inside info on financing on these I would greatly appreciate it. I was a homebuilder 22 years ago before I started my egress window company, so I am also interested in build smaller scale multifamily to start. Anyone in metro detroit area that has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I can assist anyone in return with egress window issues (repairs, code interpretation and compliance) It was great meeting you all and I look forward to having conversations with you!!
Check out my latest article on small multifamily DSCR financing just published last week on BiggerPockets! you sound like exactly the investor that really benefits from this type of financing
Specialist · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2010 · 298 posts · 118 votes
3y
@Tony Benacquista Tony, it depends on how many units you are thinking of. Having the flip and hold experience will help. I might be able to help you and will send you a PM.
Hi Everyone! My name is Tony Benny (Benacquista) I own and operate an egress window installation business. We are very busy with egress windows,But I recently started investing in real estate (and I love it). I have a few rentals and I 've also flipped a few homes in the past 3 years. I am interested in multifamily purchasing, Anyone has inside info on financing on these I would greatly appreciate it. I was a homebuilder 22 years ago before I started my egress window company, so I am also interested in build smaller scale multifamily to start. Anyone in metro detroit area that has some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I can assist anyone in return with egress window issues (repairs, code interpretation and compliance) It was great meeting you all and I look forward to having conversations with you!!
Check out my latest article on small multifamily DSCR financing just published last week on BiggerPockets! you sound like exactly the investor that really benefits from this type of financing
Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 77 posts · 20 votes
3y
The commercial space (MF included) is a fascinating one right now. A lot of great resources on BP, including what Robin mentioned above. I'd recommend to really try to understand the MF market in Detroit as best you can. You can probably do so through reaching out to commercial brokers and asking what the going terminal cap rates are, hat areas are seeing the most activity, vacancy rates, Airbnb vs MTR vs long-term, expenses for each class of MF, etc. Once you get this data, you can being plugging these numbers into your underwriting model and getting the full picture of how to invest. Then, either looking at local banks or some of the national DSCR lenders will certainly help.