馃彔馃攳 Seeking Advice on Private Lending for Multi-Family Property!

馃彔馃攳 Seeking Advice on Private Lending for Multi-Family Property!

Member since 2023 路 4 posts 路 0 votes

Hey BP community! 

I'm looking for tips, rates, and lender recommendations for financing towards a multi-family home. I'm a short-term rental property manager in Upstate New York and a newbie investor with one single family property that's currently being flipped and set up for STR. Currently looking to invest in multi-family and would appreciate any advice for creative financing, partnerships or private lending opportunities.

Thank you in advance!! 

0Reply
25 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robin SimonBusiness Member
    Lender 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2022 路 5k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Madison - welcome to BP, lots of great resources here.  When you say multi-family, can you specify how many units (or unit range) you are looking at?

  • Member since 2023 路 4 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    Hi Robin! 

    Thanks! 

    Absolutely! Located in the Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York - I'm currently looking at a roughly $4,000 sqft property that's zoned as 3 units. 1 bed 1 bath, 1 bed 1 bath, and a 3 bed 3.5 bath, which I would Airbnb because of the layout. The other two units I'd like to lease long-term with the option to possibly shift one of them into an Airbnb in a year or two. All of the properties would be self managed by my business. Based on this concept, my numbers come in above the DSCR, but I would need to utilize creative financing for the downpayment. I'm able to finance $5k and curious about private lending options for the remaining 12%.

    I was originally shopping for a duplex or triplex, but I came across the property mentioned above, and it has a ton of potential for multi-use over time. 

    I appreciate your help!   

  • Robin SimonBusiness Member
    Lender 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2022 路 5k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Madison Hoke:

    Hi Robin! 

    Thanks! 

    Absolutely! Located in the Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York - I'm currently looking at a roughly $4,000 sqft property that's zoned as 3 units. 1 bed 1 bath, 1 bed 1 bath, and a 3 bed 3.5 bath, which I would Airbnb because of the layout. The other two units I'd like to lease long-term with the option to possibly shift one of them into an Airbnb in a year or two. All of the properties would be self managed by my business. Based on this concept, my numbers come in above the DSCR, but I would need to utilize creative financing for the downpayment. I'm able to finance $5k and curious about private lending options for the remaining 12%.

    I was originally shopping for a duplex or triplex, but I came across the property mentioned above, and it has a ton of potential for multi-use over time. 

    I appreciate your help!   


     I think it looks like a solid deal - however, unless you are able to get seller financing or something of the like, its going to be pretty tough to get the deal done with only $5k of your own money down.  Might be worth it to try to figure out how to source a bigger downpayment

  • Member since 2023 路 4 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    Hi Robin! 
    Do you have any recommendations for working with private lenders? 

  • Lender 路 Fountain, CO 路 Member since 2022 路 124 posts 路 32 votes
    3y

    I would love to connect and learn more about the strategies you have in mind and see if a partnership with us would be beneficial for you!

  • Member since 2023 路 4 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    Hi Jesse! 
    Thank you for your reply! 
    I would definitely be interested in connecting and speaking more about possible partnership opportunities. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.