Are there private lenders for primary residence bailout loans?

Are there private lenders for primary residence bailout loans?

Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Whenever I speak with a homeowner facing foreclosure, they always ask if I can help them get a loan to reinstate their mortgage.  I understand why it's nearly impossible to find a lender for that particular situation.

Are there any private lenders in BP that offer bailout loans for a primary residence?  Any other creative ways for them to borrow money?

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joe Peeler:

    Whenever I speak with a homeowner facing foreclosure, they always ask if I can help them get a loan to reinstate their mortgage.  I understand why it's nearly impossible to find a lender for that particular situation.

    Are there any private lenders in BP that offer bailout loans for a primary residence?  Any other creative ways for them to borrow money?


     You will not find traditional private lenders for primary loan bailouts because of CFPB compliance and usury laws. Way too much risk. If the loan is owned by a fund (For example our fund buys defaulted mortgages), then we are more apt to do a workout than a traditional lender, but its a restructuring of the loan.

    For the borrower, their best bet is to file bankruptcy. That is a essentially a bailout loan because the debt is restructured and they are saved from foreclosure as long as they make their payments.

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.