Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 59 votes
Hi everyone,
I am looking to tap into some equity that we have in an investment property we own in California.
It used to be our primary but is now a rental. We have a 3% rate so dont want to refi but the property has appreciated quite a bit so would like to tap into that equity to fund our next deal.
I am having some trouble finding lenders that offer helocs on investment properties.
Does anyone know of any banks and/or lenders that do helocs on investments?
Lender · Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
Angel oak and A&D mortgage are two of the bigger lenders that I know of who will do 2nd's on investment properties as of a few months ago. Lots of restrictions and tight underwriting on these. Expect them to be expensive, also.
Lender · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
1y
hey David, As a broker, I have several options if you're looking to only touch the equity in a second position lien on investment property. Give me a buzz if you'd like to explore this scenario further. Thanks! Andrew
Lender · Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
Angel oak and A&D mortgage are two of the bigger lenders that I know of who will do 2nd's on investment properties as of a few months ago. Lots of restrictions and tight underwriting on these. Expect them to be expensive, also.
hey David, As a broker, I have several options if you're looking to only touch the equity in a second position lien on investment property. Give me a buzz if you'd like to explore this scenario further. Thanks! Andrew
Angel oak and A&D mortgage are two of the bigger lenders that I know of who will do 2nd's on investment properties as of a few months ago. Lots of restrictions and tight underwriting on these. Expect them to be expensive, also.
Angel oak and A&D mortgage are two of the bigger lenders that I know of who will do 2nd's on investment properties as of a few months ago. Lots of restrictions and tight underwriting on these. Expect them to be expensive, also.
A&D has a 2nd position DSCR but not revolving - installment only. AO has a HELOC but self-employment documented for 2 years is required. A few tidbits for anyone else reading this.
Great move holding onto that 3% rate while leveraging your equity for another deal! HELOCs on investment properties can be tricky since many traditional banks don't offer them, but some lenders, and some local credit unions might be worth checking out. If a HELOC isn't an option, alternatives like a home equity loan, business line of credit, or a DSCR loan could work depending on your situation. I'd recommend reaching out to mortgage brokers who specialize in investor loans—they often have access to niche lenders.