HELOC on Investment Property?

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Finding a lender that offers a HELOC on an investment property can be a bit challenging, but it's definitely possible.

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ron Simoneau:

    Hi All. Does anyone know of a lender that will give a HELOC on an investment property. I'd rather not give up my current first mortgage rate to get cash out to renovate.


    There is a DSCR 2nd Mortgage Available, if you cannot find a HELOC.

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hi Ron! Yes you can do HELOCS on investment properties as long as it's not a multi unit. If your property is in MA I can't do it for you because I am not licesned there but I can connect you with someone if you'd like

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 107 posts · 34 votes
    1y

    @Ron Simoneau, I'm happy to talk through HELOC and other 2nd mortgage options in 30 states, including MA.

  • Investor · Weston, MA · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 19 votes
    1y

    I just did one through Rockland Trust for my investment property in MA. Good experience; good rate, good turnaround.

  • Lender · Fall River, MA · Member since 2024 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Hi Ron:

    Yes, we can finance a HELOC on an investment property. Let's connect, I'm more than happy to assist! (Licensed Mortgage Broker in Fall River, MA)

  • Lender · Boston · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 21 votes
    1y

    Doing one right now with TD bank!

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Does anyone know of where I can get a HELOC loan on a property that is fully paid for but in a one manager LLC?

    Thanks

    • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 107 posts · 34 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Stephanie Sanchez:

      Does anyone know of where I can get a HELOC loan on a property that is fully paid for but in a one manager LLC?

      Thanks

       Hi @Stephanie Sanchez, I’ve come across this scenario before both as an investor and in my work as a licensed mortgage broker. You can get a HELOC on a free-and-clear property held in a single-member LLC. Your options will vary depending on whether you go the traditional route (personal income-based) or consider a DSCR HELOC that's based on the property's cash flow. Happy to share what I've seen work in these cases if that helps!

      DM me or give me a call.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 25 posts · 10 votes
    1y

    We have used local credit unions to do that, @Ron Simoneau

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Thanks ? for information.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ron Simoneau:

    Hi All. Does anyone know of a lender that will give a HELOC on an investment property. I'd rather not give up my current first mortgage rate to get cash out to renovate.


    we recently provided one to an investor but only went up to 70% LTV, - typically you can get them at 60-70% LTV

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.