LendingOne Fix and Flip Loans vs Capital Ton

LendingOne Fix and Flip Loans vs Capital Ton

Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Just getting into fix and flipping, so bare with me. I keep seeing LendingOne on Facebook and Google, but they require appraisals. How will appraisals work if the property is not even close to move-in ready?! I thought appraisals have strict guidelines. 

I see Capital Ton doesn't require appraisals for fix and flips, is this real? Has anyone worked with either company? What's a desktop valuation?

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Erik EstradaBusiness Member
Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y

Hi Steve, 

The lender will order an appraisal with an AS IS Value and ARV Value for fix and flip loans. It does not matter if the property is not livable, since the whole aim of the appraisal is to determine if your proposed renovations support the ARV. The appraiser is going to look at your scope of work, along with relevant comps to support the work to be completed.

A Desktop Valuation is just an internal opinion of value. There is typically no inspection required on these, however the lender may require pictures of the property from the inside and outside. 

LendingOne seems good, although I have personally never worked with them because I find better terms elsewhere. I have never worked with Capital Ton 

LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hi Steve, 

    The lender will order an appraisal with an AS IS Value and ARV Value for fix and flip loans. It does not matter if the property is not livable, since the whole aim of the appraisal is to determine if your proposed renovations support the ARV. The appraiser is going to look at your scope of work, along with relevant comps to support the work to be completed.

    A Desktop Valuation is just an internal opinion of value. There is typically no inspection required on these, however the lender may require pictures of the property from the inside and outside. 

    LendingOne seems good, although I have personally never worked with them because I find better terms elsewhere. I have never worked with Capital Ton 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Lender · Clermont, FL · Member since 2020 · 168 posts · 87 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Steve Linn:

    Just getting into fix and flipping, so bare with me. I keep seeing LendingOne on Facebook and Google, but they require appraisals. How will appraisals work if the property is not even close to move-in ready?! I thought appraisals have strict guidelines. 

    I see Capital Ton doesn't require appraisals for fix and flips, is this real? Has anyone worked with either company? What's a desktop valuation?

    They give as is and ARV appraisals. There are lot's of HML out there with different requirements. I work with a lot of them. 
  • Lender · Sanford, NC · Member since 2024 · 348 posts · 116 votes
    1y

    The appraisal will be done to determine if the numbers check out by the lender before giving a final term sheet for you. I have never worked with LendingOne or Capital Ton, usually use other lenders for fix & flips. I could get you a few quotes so you can have an idea of how it works. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Steve Linn:

    Just getting into fix and flipping, so bare with me. I keep seeing LendingOne on Facebook and Google, but they require appraisals. How will appraisals work if the property is not even close to move-in ready?! I thought appraisals have strict guidelines. 

    I see Capital Ton doesn't require appraisals for fix and flips, is this real? Has anyone worked with either company? What's a desktop valuation?


     BEst thing you could do is post it in here on classifieds looking for financing and provide information such as your credit score, how much you are purchasing it for, your down payment amount, how much construction is and how much experience you have, then you could have 15-20 lenders giving you a quote from the institutional lenders as there are very few and far in between who actually table fund. So you can then compare Lending one vs kiavi vs easy street vs apollo backed company or lendmark backed company etc. et.c

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Lender · Member since 2021 · 495 posts · 130 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Steve Linn:

    Just getting into fix and flipping, so bare with me. I keep seeing LendingOne on Facebook and Google, but they require appraisals. How will appraisals work if the property is not even close to move-in ready?! I thought appraisals have strict guidelines. 

    I see Capital Ton doesn't require appraisals for fix and flips, is this real? Has anyone worked with either company? What's a desktop valuation?

    Like everyone else stated with appraisals, it will be curtailed to your scenario. The biggest thing with fix and flip financing is finding a reliable partner that you enjoy working with and that you can count on. Many lender offer similar terms, but finding someone reliable and that you can trust is important to your success. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.