Can seller finance loan terms be extended past balloon date?

Can seller finance loan terms be extended past balloon date?

Flipper/Rehabber · Temple, TX · Member since 2008 · 169 posts · 46 votes

I carry the note on single family home that their 3yr balloon term is coming up. They need more time to get qualified to pay off note. Can that note be extended for 1 year at same terms or do i need to "refi" for 1 year same terms? And is there a form that is used to do so?

Property is in Texas.

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Lake Havasu City, AZ · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 9 votes
11y

It would just be a note modification. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Lake Havasu City, AZ · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    It would just be a note modification. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Temple, TX · Member since 2008 · 169 posts · 46 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed  Thanks. I was just reading about modifications and it refers to the borrower is late on payments. My borrower has not been late for 3 years. Modification makes sense. I just dont want new lender feel that this is a negative hit against borrower ability.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Lake Havasu City, AZ · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    We do note modifications and extensions all the time.  I don't see why it would have a negative effect on the borrower unless the payment history provided shows that they were consistently late on payments, etc.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Barry Ratliff 

    I have extended notes before.  In fact, when I write seconds, I decided to explicitly use a 1-year term with an option to renew.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Temple, TX · Member since 2008 · 169 posts · 46 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed 

    @Roy N.

    Do ya'll have a form I can look over?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.