Anyone bought Jay Conner's "Where to get the money now"?

Anyone bought Jay Conner's "Where to get the money now"?

Residential Real Estate Broker · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 21 votes

We have some free and clear property in CA and on the Colorado river. We want to look for private investors who'd be glad to get 4.5% on their money secured by a first trust deed. I've run an ad on Craigslist and in the past have gotten a loan that way, without points or costs or hassle, just documented our good credit and the equity in the property. But recently, we tried that again we're not getting responses from Craigslist. What other ways should we look for these kind of private individuals? I heard a Ron LeGrand partner named Jay Conner online and he's selling a course called "Where to Get the Money Now". It's $57. I don't mind spending the money if there's anything good in it. But, I can't find a single online review on it or on Jay Conner. Has anyone listened to Jay and/or his course? 

0Reply
166 views

Most Popular Reply

Don KonipolBusiness Member
Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
10y

The problem is that the OP is offering 4.5% interest rate secured by raw land while private lenders can easily obtain 12%+ from similar loans

Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Lender · Martinez, CA · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Do you have any more info regarding property values and the loan amount you're looking for?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Marcus-Are you asking because you have private money on the terms we're looking for?

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hi Iyan, I’ve listened to a Privet Lending Course from Ron LeGrand, as Jay Explains his method. It sounds good, I didn’t use it yet but it looks I’m going to use it soon.

    Good Luck

  • Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    Hey Ian, did you ever purchase Jay Conner's course?  Any luck with it finding a private lender?  I went to Ron Legrands Quick Start bootcamp and Jay Conner speaks at it.  I actually went twice and he spoke both times so I guess he's part of the bootcamp.  The second time I went I almost bought his course but changed my mind at the last minute.  Its $1500 dollars and includes a three day bootcamp.  Just wondering what you thought of his program?

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Ian Dyer, what you described seems quite feasible, BUT, it also reads a bit like what Zero Mostel's character was offering in "The Producers"* ie. 50% of the profits to go to each of his many investors - which was good math for him - so long as the investment was doomed to lose!

    Perhaps Craigslist is not where the real cashed-up wise folk go to look for ways to park it?

    Which direction do you think Jay Conner et al are really aiming for money to flow? To you?

    * [RIP Gene Wilder, this week].

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    The problem is that the OP is offering 4.5% interest rate secured by raw land while private lenders can easily obtain 12%+ from similar loans

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2017 · 201 posts · 56 votes
    7y
    Jay is the first guru I had an issue with getting details about a 3 day training. I signed up and they didn't send a confirmation, hotel details etc. I guess I should have got the hint of a scam when they invited me to a training and didnt have any hotel details, agenda or nothing ..on top of that they charged me twice luckily my bank was able to stop payment before it got there from pending .glad I called bank after I signed up .then I tried to call their customer service number to find out more , it went straight to leave a message etc, didn't even ring like a normal customer service..I have never had an issue with any guru company. They seem like a scam
  • Hoffman Estates, IL · Member since 2009 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hey @John Webster .  Sorry you had a difficult time with Jay there.  Full disclosure, I'm biased as I work with Jay (not for, with).  Of course I've also worked with a lot of other Guru's out there as well including Ron LeGrand and Lou Brown.  

    Regardless, take it for what you will and Jay and his team are on the up and up.  I can tell you during the time of your post in Mid-June, the next bootcamp was contracted to be at the Double Tree Hotel in Atlantic Beach on October 9, 10, and 11.  He had this contract signed since January.  Well, we found out that the Double still won't be open at that time, so Jay and his team were scrambling to find a new location.  So if you registered during that time, they couldn't send you the time and location because they didn't have it due to the Double Tree not being ready and nothing was readily available to book.  Well that is now resolved and if you're still interested, they have a time and location or message me and I can send it to you.

    Don't know why they double charged you.  That was a mistake and if you want someone to call you, I can reach out and have them call you.  Not sure when you called and typically during normal business hours, Brenda or Antigone who work in Jay's office will pick up the phone - maybe you called after hours?  So your situation seems a bit strange and I promise you, not typical.  I'll let the office know of your post and see if they can look into it.  

    Outside of that, what you see is what you get with Jay.  Known him for about 10 years and worked with him for about 4 or 5.  He's on the up and up.  He teaches what he preaches.  You can ask his current students that.   Come to the live event.  He encourages his students to re-attend.  You can talk to whoever then and see for yourself.  

    Will he sell something there?  Yes.  He doesn't beat around the bush.  Coaching and mentoring are offered on the first day so you can look at it, review it and decide over the course of the event.  It's not shoved down your throat  and only offered on the last day to pressure you into buying.  He lays it out and if you like it, join, if not, don't.  He gives you a TON of content at his bootcamp including introducing you to his personal team (real estate agent, acquisitionist, project manager, contractor, attorney, etc) and his private lenders.  You will definitely learn a thing or two.  

    I hope that helps.  As I said though, full disclosure, I do work with Jay on a handful of projects so I am biased.  Although I do so because I like the guy and he's the real deal.  Wouldn't work with him if I didn't think so.  Hopefully you can get past this incident and give him a chance cause I think you'll get some good value out of it.  

    Good luck with everything!

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Chaffee-Thanh Nguyen:

    Hey @John Webster .  Sorry you had a difficult time with Jay there.  Full disclosure, I'm biased as I work with Jay (not for, with).  Of course I've also worked with a lot of other Guru's out there as well including Ron LeGrand and Lou Brown.  

    Regardless, take it for what you will and Jay and his team are on the up and up.  I can tell you during the time of your post in Mid-June, the next bootcamp was contracted to be at the Double Tree Hotel in Atlantic Beach on October 9, 10, and 11.  He had this contract signed since January.  Well, we found out that the Double still won't be open at that time, so Jay and his team were scrambling to find a new location.  So if you registered during that time, they couldn't send you the time and location because they didn't have it due to the Double Tree not being ready and nothing was readily available to book.  Well that is now resolved and if you're still interested, they have a time and location or message me and I can send it to you.

    Don't know why they double charged you.  That was a mistake and if you want someone to call you, I can reach out and have them call you.  Not sure when you called and typically during normal business hours, Brenda or Antigone who work in Jay's office will pick up the phone - maybe you called after hours?  So your situation seems a bit strange and I promise you, not typical.  I'll let the office know of your post and see if they can look into it.  

    Outside of that, what you see is what you get with Jay.  Known him for about 10 years and worked with him for about 4 or 5.  He's on the up and up.  He teaches what he preaches.  You can ask his current students that.   Come to the live event.  He encourages his students to re-attend.  You can talk to whoever then and see for yourself.  

    Will he sell something there?  Yes.  He doesn't beat around the bush.  Coaching and mentoring are offered on the first day so you can look at it, review it and decide over the course of the event.  It's not shoved down your throat  and only offered on the last day to pressure you into buying.  He lays it out and if you like it, join, if not, don't.  He gives you a TON of content at his bootcamp including introducing you to his personal team (real estate agent, acquisitionist, project manager, contractor, attorney, etc) and his private lenders.  You will definitely learn a thing or two.  

    I hope that helps.  As I said though, full disclosure, I do work with Jay on a handful of projects so I am biased.  Although I do so because I like the guy and he's the real deal.  Wouldn't work with him if I didn't think so.  Hopefully you can get past this incident and give him a chance cause I think you'll get some good value out of it.  

    Good luck with everything!


     

    Hi Chaffee Do you still work with Jay? Just came across this thread while i was looking for some review for his program. your feedback is appreciated. 

  • Hoffman Estates, IL · Member since 2009 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    OMG.  My apologies Miranda as I did not notice that this was posted.  Yes.  I still work with Jay and attend all of his events.  In addition, I work closely with his upper level or Mastermind students.  If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them.  You can shoot me a direct message or post on here.  Celebrate Life!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.