Commercial Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 6 votes
I am curious as to what type of funding people are using for multi family property in Los Angeles. It seems the cost for a property starting around $1mm in my area (El Segundo) are way above the limits for any FHA or Conventional mortgage. Is a Jumbo loan the only way to go, and if so, does anyone have any companies to recommend where I can put down the least amount for a down payment? Thanks in advance for any help.
Mortgage Broker · CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 644 votes
10y
For owner occupied properties or second homes, you can borrow up to 90%, with no MI, up to $2,500,000 loan amount. For investment properties 85% LTV is available up to a $1.5 loan amount. These are portfolio products.
Mortgage Broker · CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 644 votes
10y
For owner occupied properties or second homes, you can borrow up to 90%, with no MI, up to $2,500,000 loan amount. For investment properties 85% LTV is available up to a $1.5 loan amount. These are portfolio products.
Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
10y
Umm so I do loans up to $625,500 for a 1 unit, $800k for a 2 unit, $967k for a 3 unit, and $1.2m for a 4 unit, in LA County. Not jumbo, not hard money.
That puts 3 or 4 unit properties selling for $1m well within your non-jumbo price range.
@Sabi Const I saw this program through a wholesale lender (they lend through brokers). I would suggest asking local mortgage broker if they have any programs like this.