Best place to get a mortgage for a personal residence?

Best place to get a mortgage for a personal residence?

Real Estate Agent · Hockley, TX · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes

I need opinions on the best place to get a mortgage loan for a personal residence.  I read the reviews for Bank of America and they are awful.  My previous mortgage was with Well Fargo but the customer service and the speed at which the local branch operates is slow at best.  I heard about Churchill.  Any recommendations for Mortgage lenders in the Northwest Houston area?

I have good credit, I need someone who is willing to do what is needed when it is needed.  

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    I prefer to use a mortgage broker. They are able to shop amongst many different lenders, saving you the time of pricing out dozens of lenders.

  • Investor · Fontana, CA · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Kevin,

    Not sure if your trying to refi an existing loan on your personal residence or get a brand new loan. I've had pretty good luck with Lendingtree.com. You just enter your info. online and it goes to a bunch of lenders and you end up getting the best rate. With the Brexit that just happened, I'm getting an APR less than 3.5% and not paying anything to refi my loan. Good luck.

  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Kevin E.

    I am glad to answer any financing questions that you have. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.