Any recommendations on good real estate attorneys in Austin?

Any recommendations on good real estate attorneys in Austin?

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes

I am new to real estate investing and looking for a good real estate attorney in the Austin, TX area with experience in lease contracts, LLC companies formation, 1031 tax exchange and estate planning. Any good recommendations will be appreciated.

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Joel OwensBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
9y

You haven't mentioned what type of investing and deal size. Make sure the attorney has the appropriate experience and skill set for what you are trying to accomplish or the mistakes made can be very costly.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · ST. Augustine, FL · Member since 2013 · 92 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    Rick Albers

    Kuperman, Orr & Albers, P.C.

  • Property Manager · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 69 votes
    9y

    I'm not in Austin but I am licensed in Texas and can help you with LLC formation, lease contracts and estate planning.

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    9y

    You haven't mentioned what type of investing and deal size. Make sure the attorney has the appropriate experience and skill set for what you are trying to accomplish or the mistakes made can be very costly.

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 42 votes
    9y

    Dan Castro with Castro & Baker, LLP

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thank you all. I will check out those reference. I am just starting to plan for investing and would like to have a good team established for when I need to use their services in the near future. I have a single family home with a pool that I am renting and will need a lawyer to review the lease contract and put some good language to cover liabilities that come with pools. I know lawyers come with different pricing and specialties. I am thinking probably need one reasonably priced for standard contract stuff and one more specialized in 1031 exchange and for more complicated matters.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.