Colony American Finance aka Corevest Finance; any feedback?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Madison, CT · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 7 votes
8y

So far so good. Closed our loan and everything went as expected. I plan on doing much more business with them in the future.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Madison, CT · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Also looking for any information/experience/feedback with Corevest Finance...anybody use them? Looking into a non-recourse portfolio loan.

  • Real Estate Investor/Broker · Irving, TX · Member since 2015 · 520 posts · 263 votes
    9y
    National, reputable lender. You'll have to ask yourself, is the 100 bps or so worth going non-recourse? If not, a local bank will be your best option. 5Arch is another group who can help with portfolio loans. Freddie will hopefully release their portfolio program in the near future which will be non-recourse and ~200bps lower than any other non-recourse portfolio product on the market.
  • Commercial Mortgage Underwriter / Broker · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 193 posts · 75 votes
    9y

    If you are cash-flow conscious it's usually a solid play even with the higher rate. You'll get a 30 year amortizing loan where most local banks will be offering 20-25 year amortizing loan.

  • Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 180 votes
    9y

    Corvest is on our lending platform and they do a great job. 

  • Investor · Madison, CT · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Cool thanks for the feedback. I will be starting the process this week with Corevest on a 7 property portfolio loan and then a 1mm LOC!

  • Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 877 posts · 398 votes
    9y

    We had CoreVest out last month at our live event. They have some really good programs. They have a lot of experience, so I'd give them a call. I am personally looking at their line of credit program.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
    8y

    @Garrett V.  @Aristotle Kumpis How did it go did you guys obtain the funding you were looking for?

  • Investor · Madison, CT · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    So far so good. Closed our loan and everything went as expected. I plan on doing much more business with them in the future.

  • Carolina · Member since 2017 · 519 posts · 222 votes
    7y

    @Garrett V.

    Struggling with some financing on a fantastic two property, 5 building, 11 unit deal right now. 

    Are you still pleased with the results from CoreVest?

  • Investor · Madison, CT · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Brian H.

    Corevest has been great, the only thing I don't love is the 10 year term 30 year am. I'd rather no balloon and a longer term but most commercial lending is like that from what I can tell. If anybody knows of a lender like Corevest that does 15 20 30 year amortizations with same term on commercial, please let me know.

  • Carolina · Member since 2017 · 519 posts · 222 votes
    7y

    @Garrett V.  

    I hear that. Some different term offerings just make sense to me. Open yourself up to more potential borrowers and make more money... but that is just my simplistic look at it. I figure they have their reasons. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 283 posts · 179 votes
    7y

    @Garrett V.

    Limaone will do 30 year fixed rates on SFH or portfolio loans. Ive been quoted 6.8 - 7.3 %. Anywhere from 60 - 80% LTV.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 123 votes
    7y

    Writing this review now as I have now worked with Corevest on multiple deals (portfolio loan - package of 9 properties, two rehab line of credits) and had a great experience working with Cecilia Lai (Line of Credit Funding Analyst). She is very professional and works hard to ensure we meet deadlines. I also would have not been a repeat customer if not for the diligent effort of my account manager Jeremy Lee who communicates really well and is able to find solutions to my funding needs. 

    I will be honest and say they are not the cheapest route, but they get the job done. Will continue to use them for the foreseeable future.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.