Professional Mortgages for CPAs, Attorneys, Doctors, Etc.

Professional Mortgages for CPAs, Attorneys, Doctors, Etc.

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 52 posts · 44 votes

Hi BP Community,

I recently heard about professional mortgages that offer low down payments, no PMI, higher LTV ratios, etc. for those of us with professional designations.

A quick google search landed me on BBVA Compass. Has anyone had any experience with this lender or know of any others that offer such a mortgage?

I am curious to know if these mortgages are legitimate and worth looking into. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1Reply
166 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
I don’t think this is really a discount. Seems like a scam to me to trick people. Loans if it’s a Fannie Mae or Freddie backed are the same weather you are an ex convict, dentist, doctor, or mother Teresa.
See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    I am interested in a low-downpayment mortgage for CPAs in California. Any wisdom to share?

  • Jupiter, FL · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I was able to get a doctors loan 0% down no PMI and 30 year fixed 4.1%. Just paid closing costs. I used Regions Bank and I don't have a W2, I have a corporation with less than 1 year history and was approved. Good luck if your still searching.

  • Joshua HoltPro Member
    Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Ron Trinh:

    @Bhaskar Pusuluri - Wow those are great terms! Grats! Wouldn't work for me unfortunately as I am a CPA but amazing for other doctors out there.

    Actually, CPAs are eligible for a bunch of these programs. Where are you looking to borrow? 

  • Joshua HoltPro Member
    Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I'm surprised this thread hasn't listed the resource that has all of this information for doctors:

    Doctor Loans: https://www.whitecoatinvestor....

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.