Where can I find $20k-40K hard money loans?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Hyde Park Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y

I spoke with Lending Club about small loans for an investor client. They offer up to $40k with terms of 36 to 60 months; there's no cost to apply and you apply online. Please know that I am NOT recommending them - I've never done business with them nor have my clients (yet) but I did find the representative to be knowledgeable, respectful, and helpful.  Might be worth a call...

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ryan BlakePro Member
    Lender · TX · Member since 2018 · 936 posts · 713 votes
    7y

    @Ira Harden Will the lender be the first lien? What % of the project will be funded by your personal finances?

  • Lender · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 703 posts · 446 votes
    7y

    Following this topic, I personal have never found one that will do below 50k

  • Real Estate Broker · Hyde Park Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    I spoke with Lending Club about small loans for an investor client. They offer up to $40k with terms of 36 to 60 months; there's no cost to apply and you apply online. Please know that I am NOT recommending them - I've never done business with them nor have my clients (yet) but I did find the representative to be knowledgeable, respectful, and helpful.  Might be worth a call...

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2011 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Ryan Blake - The property is free and clear. I need a rehab loan of 20k-25k on a $45k ARV.

  • Ryan BlakePro Member
    Lender · TX · Member since 2018 · 936 posts · 713 votes
    7y

    @Ira Harden I highly suggest you look to local banks for a LOC (line of credit) on the house. They will be your best bet on a deal like this. They typically have low minimums and with the home purchased outright, it has decent equity. The only problem I see is that they will stop at 75 or 80% of the home's value so $16k. Do you have the reminder to finish the project?

  • Investor · CA · Member since 2011 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Ryan Blake - Thanks for the suggestion.  So you're saying they'd only lend on the current value?  If they did that it would be closer to $8k.  What would you suggest if I needed an extra $12k - $15K? 

  • Investor · South Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Ira Harden

    Hi Ira,

    I came across a private lender the other day that offer loans at 30K+.

    He was recommended to me by an investor friends realtor and seems like a stand up guy. I ended up not using him this time but I’ll send you his info.

  • Ryan BlakePro Member
    Lender · TX · Member since 2018 · 936 posts · 713 votes
    7y

    @Ira Harden So the current as-is value is only $10k? You are correct that they will only lend an LOC on the property at 80% of the value. Your other option is to take out an LOC on your primary residence but you will have to have equity to justify it. If you can't get that, then your last ditch effort is to seek financing from someone at an investment meet up ideally in the area of the property so that the investor can clearly see the opportunity in the property. You will probably have to give up a large chunk of your profit to them for it.

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Ira Harden,

    For such a small amount-- I'd suggest doing a personal loan, either LendingClub.com, Prosper.com, or if you have an equity line on a house. If you have the limits on your credit cards, you could also do a balance transfer. IMO it's so small, that it'd be easier for you to get it yourself vs. jumping through multiple hoops with a bank or HML.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.