Marketing List for Private Lenders

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
13y

Private money is loaned on relationships, Brian. There are no lists other than what you create yourself. It’s easiest to find mom and pop private lenders (i.e. those with and understanding of real estate that loan their own money) at real estate clubs. Take some dinner, explain your experience, and get to know them a little. I think it's a mistake to do business with friends or family, but you can do this with them as well.

Alternately, if it's professional hard money you're looking for, from investment firms that perhaps pool others money or sell their notes, then you can simply do a Google search for HML's in your area. Some of these lenders also hang out at REI clubs.

Don’t fall for the online scam of private money lists, which are discussed here frequently. No matter what, it’s always best to do business with those who loan locally. They will know your area, your houses, and eventually, you. You’ll also avoid paying an out-of-state, impersonal, lender for their risk.

Jeff

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Private money is loaned on relationships, Brian. There are no lists other than what you create yourself. It’s easiest to find mom and pop private lenders (i.e. those with and understanding of real estate that loan their own money) at real estate clubs. Take some dinner, explain your experience, and get to know them a little. I think it's a mistake to do business with friends or family, but you can do this with them as well.

    Alternately, if it's professional hard money you're looking for, from investment firms that perhaps pool others money or sell their notes, then you can simply do a Google search for HML's in your area. Some of these lenders also hang out at REI clubs.

    Don’t fall for the online scam of private money lists, which are discussed here frequently. No matter what, it’s always best to do business with those who loan locally. They will know your area, your houses, and eventually, you. You’ll also avoid paying an out-of-state, impersonal, lender for their risk.

    Jeff

  • Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2011 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    13y

    I pulled a list but haven't marketed to it yet. My title company through Core Logic could pull a list of lenders listed as Private Lender by my county recorder. So instead of recording the lender in county records if it was a person then they don't record their name for the county website for all to see they just say private lender.

    Next step is I signed up with the county and for like 10 cents a sheet I'm sending the recording number off my list and they'll send the 1st 2 pages of the note that usually has their address.

    Then I'll mail them. And say something like I saw you lent on this property and I did the same type of deal on X property I flipped. Maybe we can do business together or swap some real estate stories give me a call and I'd love to take you out to lunch.

    I was real suprised a lot of people do long term private low interest loans to owner occupants or maybe even buy and hold investors.

    The other way is to mine the MLS or public records for 2 sales in a year to see a fix and flip. Then lookup who their lender was in county records. Something else I found by stopping at rehabs and talking to contractors that many agents make a deal with a client find the deal and manage the rehab and split the deal while the house is bought cash in their clients name. but the contractors are just hired by the real estate investor agent. kind of an interesting model.

  • Flipper / Wholesaler · Farmington, CT · Member since 2012 · 189 posts · 89 votes
    13y

    I was planning on locating a list of high income households in my state with an interest in investing. I believe there are list providers that can get me this type of information. I guess I am really just looking for some reputable list providers if anyone knows of any. I would like to send people to a website where I provide them with as much information as possible so they can understand the investment in hopes of starting a conversation.

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 269 votes
    13y

    Private money lender lists are a scam in most cases.

    Hard money lenders are a great source of immediate funds for flippers however expect high rates and fees.

    My opinion is , it's better to pay a high price and share the profits then lose out in a deal due to lack of capital.

    A slice of a pie is better then going hungry. :).

    Best of luck in all your endeavors.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 350 posts · 175 votes
    13y

    I understand Listsource does have a mailing list of private lenders. I have not personally used it yet so I am not sure if its bogus or not.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.