VA Cash Out Refi Use of Funds Letter

VA Cash Out Refi Use of Funds Letter

Homeowner · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Good day,

I'm at the final stages of my VA cash out refinance and the lender is requesting a use of funds letter. I understand why they would need this of course but when I told the mortgage broker that I wanted to use the funds to invest in more real estate, he suggested I don't tell that to the underwriter.

I don't know what to put in the letter because I don't want to be untruthful or unethical. Can you share your experience with me or give any advice as to what I should do? Does anyone have a use or funds letter template or example they could share with me?

Thanks in advance!

Jon Hudgins

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 496 posts · 296 votes
    5y

    You should be ok with "future investments and reserves." No template needed, just write the letter out in Word, make sure property address and loan number is there somewhere, write your text and sign and date it.

  • Homeowner · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jesse Rivera:

    You should be ok with "future investments and reserves." No template needed, just write the letter out in Word, make sure property address and loan number is there somewhere, write your text and sign and date it.

    Ok I'll give that a shot and post the outcome.  Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.