Documents and contracts for sub-to or seller finance

Documents and contracts for sub-to or seller finance

Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 9 votes

I'm planning on beginning marketing for subject to deals and seller finance deals, but am wondering where the best place to get the transaction paperwork for this kind of deal is.  Is a local real estate attorney going to be able to provide them?  Should I reach out to local investors (seems unlikely they'd want to share with the competition).  Can you find contracts online?  Thanks for the help!

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Chris Ivy:

I'm planning on beginning marketing for subject to deals and seller finance deals, but am wondering where the best place to get the transaction paperwork for this kind of deal is.  Is a local real estate attorney going to be able to provide them?  Should I reach out to local investors (seems unlikely they'd want to share with the competition).  Can you find contracts online?  Thanks for the help!


 Seller finance a title attorney can do for you, those forms are pretty standard. Re: sub2 you will need someone very specific. I am sure some of the groups here or on FB will share some of the docs.

For sub2 I like William Tingle and his info. I do not do sub2 but have watched his stuff and he breaks it down nicely.

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Ivy:

    I'm planning on beginning marketing for subject to deals and seller finance deals, but am wondering where the best place to get the transaction paperwork for this kind of deal is.  Is a local real estate attorney going to be able to provide them?  Should I reach out to local investors (seems unlikely they'd want to share with the competition).  Can you find contracts online?  Thanks for the help!


     Seller finance a title attorney can do for you, those forms are pretty standard. Re: sub2 you will need someone very specific. I am sure some of the groups here or on FB will share some of the docs.

    For sub2 I like William Tingle and his info. I do not do sub2 but have watched his stuff and he breaks it down nicely.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    Hi Chris, thanks for the response.  William Tingle seems like a great resource.  Thanks for pointing me in his direction

  • Title Representative · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 126 posts · 66 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chris Ivy:

    Hi Chris, thanks for the response.  William Tingle seems like a great resource.  Thanks for pointing me in his direction

    There's mixed feedback (old): https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/411066-willia...

    In response to your original question, getting it under contract is relatively easy. You do need additional disclosures to CYA, but starting a deal is way easier than doing a deal well and/or properly set up for the long term. There are a lot of considerations around your intended exit strategy that need to be factored into your entry paperwork (deal structuring).

    Yes, you can find various contracts online, but like I said, getting into the deal is the easy part. You should find a JV partner or a consultant who's got plenty of experience doing the deals to help you avoid the common and not-so-common pitfalls.
  • Eric DeNardoPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Denver · Member since 2020 · 364 posts · 151 votes
    2y

    Hey Chris, I'm going through a subto deal right now. We're working with Closing Connection Title and everything has been great so far. We are also working for a TC that has done 100+ of these deals and has been great. I'll DM you with more info. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.