Co-signers on Conventional Loan for 2-4 Unit homes

Co-signers on Conventional Loan for 2-4 Unit homes

Real Estate Agent · Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello, I've been looking into buying my first property and wanted to use a conventional loan on a 2-4 unit property. Can I put 5% down with a co-signer that it is not a family member? (I need a Co-signer because i'm young and don't have the credit history but I have the income and good credit)

0Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Nationwide Lender / Novus Home Mortgage, a division of Ixonia Bank / NMLS #423065; Craig Warner / NMLS #129642 · Member since 2024 · 78 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    Yes, you can. I'm assuming you'll occupy one unit. You'll, both be required to have a minimum score of 660.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Thank you! 

  • Cory VitaleBusiness Member
    Accountant · Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    @Enrique Lopez this option wasn't always available. Congrats on pursuing an awesome strategy! I've house hacked 4 different times and never regretted it. 

    Hoboken Financial Services
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.