Need Servicer for Seller-Financed Property in PA – Any Recommendations?

Need Servicer for Seller-Financed Property in PA – Any Recommendations?

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes

Sold a SFH w/ seller finance in place, now need to secure a servicer for a home in Pennsylvania. Does anyone have experience with FCI Loan Servicing or Madison Management they'd like to share?

Or another Seller Finance / Note servicer they'd recommend? 

0Reply
54 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y

I currently have three loans with FCI, but I purchased them from a loan workout provider that already boarded them there. Overall everything seems fine, payments are made regularly via ACH, notes show up in the portal etc. I had two payoffs and one BK, all of those were navigated well so no issues there. 

I know currently Madison seems to be a preferred vendor for many SF deals. I've typically heard good things, I only use FCI since that is who had the loans when purchased. 

@Chris Seveney is an active note investor and may have recommendations. Another that is out there if BiFi servicing, which Chris is involved in so he can share if they're doing SF notes.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    I currently have three loans with FCI, but I purchased them from a loan workout provider that already boarded them there. Overall everything seems fine, payments are made regularly via ACH, notes show up in the portal etc. I had two payoffs and one BK, all of those were navigated well so no issues there. 

    I know currently Madison seems to be a preferred vendor for many SF deals. I've typically heard good things, I only use FCI since that is who had the loans when purchased. 

    @Chris Seveney is an active note investor and may have recommendations. Another that is out there if BiFi servicing, which Chris is involved in so he can share if they're doing SF notes.

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    Thank you for the fast and thorough reply. Sounds like I'm on the right track, but eager to hear what Chris thinks.

  • Dan DeppenBusiness Member
    Erie, CO · Member since 2017 · 274 posts · 267 votes
    1y

    I've had good experiences with both Madison and FCI. If you have a non-performing note I like the processes FCI has set up for handling delinquent taxes and repaying lender advances. Madison is definitely easier to work with in general and has a better onboarding process.

    • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Dan Deppen:

      I've had good experiences with both Madison and FCI. If you have a non-performing note I like the processes FCI has set up for handling delinquent taxes and repaying lender advances. Madison is definitely easier to work with in general and has a better onboarding process.


       Super helpful context. Thank you so much! Going to give Madison a call. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Amanda Orson:

    Sold a SFH w/ seller finance in place, now need to secure a servicer for a home in Pennsylvania. Does anyone have experience with FCI Loan Servicing or Madison Management they'd like to share?

    Or another Seller Finance / Note servicer they'd recommend? 


     Our preference is Madison Management but both are well respected and reputable firms.

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.