Real Estate Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 6 votes
Hi all,
I have a question about a deal I'm trying to put together. It is going to include some seller financing. Who do Iget to actually help me write the deal. I want to make sure that everything is correct and I'm not confident that my realtor can help me write it. Should it be someone local?
Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
12y
@Alexis Zion you need a BP member from Wisconsin to help you with that.
In general, your offer needs to be all about why the seller wants to seller finance the property to you. Focus on the specifics of how the seller benefits from seller financing.
I suggest another post with a title like "Do you have Seller Financing Experience in Wisconsin?" Maybe take of the "ing" and use "Seller Finance?" Think of what a BP member who has the experience you are looking for might have as their keyword alerts to get their attention to your post.
Specialist · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 900 posts · 392 votes
12y
You need a RMLO to be compliant with Dodd/Frank. We have a matrix that goes over things like down payment & credit scores, and we can send it to you to help structure the note properly if you pm me.
Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
If you are buying it and it will be an investment property the Dodd Frank does not apply. You will still want someone to draft the note so that it protects all parties. I would check with a local attorney that does land contracts or other seller financing in WI.