Where to find equity partners?

Where to find equity partners?

Longmeadow, MA · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 17 votes

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a long term equity partner?  I'm looking for somebody who would like to either loan me 100% for a 30yr term at 1% interest plus receive a 10% equity or fund 100% of deals and receive a larger equity stake.  I want somebody to fund up to a certain amount, $100-$200mil preferably, yet want to offer equity on acquisitions picked up after that amount is met and future real estate relate businesses, such as construction and staying companies as well.  I'll handle rehab cost, management and yearly expenses etc...and would like to build a nation wide company consisting of low income-luxury buy and holds, fix and flips, commercial, development and eventually branch out to vacation rentals as well.  I have an initial list of currently available properties clustered in specific areas, mostly Massachusetts, that are turn key and cash flow positive, minus some development, consisting of $260mil worth of real estate.  I'm not necessarily looking to purchase all the properties in one go but would like to start with at least $5mil for the first set of acquisitions.  I have the vision for how I can grow this very quickly and get some huge returns, I've run the numbers and I'm ready to go big on this.  I just don't know where to find deep pocket investors that would be interested in this type of arrangement.  I know this is a bit long just trying to explain my plans as best as possible.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

0Reply
178 views

Most Popular Reply

Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 18 votes
11y

This is a joke right, why would anybody write a check for millions for a company with no track record. How much are you putting up for the 260 mill deal ?

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Longmeadow, MA · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    As to the original post that was made months ago...I threw a number out there not a number I think somebody would have sitting around waiting to hand out.  That's been explained in comments in fact.  It can be a $25k, $50k, $100k property as a private lender or equity partner.  I have equity partners now that I was able to speak with and better verbalize what I was looking to do, 2 actually so it's all good.  

    And no I'm not able to drive an hour and half to a local rei meeting, unfortunately I can't even attend the new ones that held a town away because I have 2 young children and I can't go that far away from them for that amount of time.  

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
    11y

    Sorry I'm late with this. First you shouldn't let anyone tell you what's not possible in this business. I learned this business on my own. My first several deals,(12) I sold sponsorships. All the "experts" told me it wouldn't work.... lol smh, my first deal all my material was free and I sold $110k in sponsorships. The purchase plus rehab was only $87k, i was up $20k before i got to the escrow agency. Now that i think about it maybe i should write a "tell nothing" book lol! (My day job was and still is selling advertising for major events). I use the skills I had and have never use a bank or partner. 

    Second I think ppl on here were so fast to dismiss you that they didn't read and understand what you wrote. You clearly stated that you could get up to 70% financing on your own if needed. Which means your partner would only be coming in with the remaining 30%, of which you stated you would repay plus interest and equity in that deal and future deals. Every hedge fund firm on the east coast would entertain that deal especially if the numbers make sense. 

    In this business I have learned that whenever someone tells you something is not possible it's because it's not possible for them. Everything is negotiable, ask for 100% funding with 1% interest plus 10% equity and let them counter you.  Real Estate is easy. Good luck to you  

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 786 posts · 717 votes
    11y

    Setting big goals is great, but it's more important to 10x your massive action. Learn how to consistently get 50% to 80% IRR and money will find you.

  • Member since 2024 · 84 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    I would start small as other says. I am looking for equity partners too but I will give 50% of the equity so they can feel comfortable working with me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.