NJ Neighborhood Enhancement Program - zero interest? 100% forgivable loan?

NJ Neighborhood Enhancement Program - zero interest? 100% forgivable loan?

Ceril S.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2014 · 180 posts · 80 votes

I was trying to do online research for the section 8 program in NJ and came across this.  It could be old news, but figured I'd put it out there.

http://www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dhcr/rfp/pdf/...

It's for stabilization of deteriorating neighborhoods due to superstorm sandy.

The part that stopped me was this line: "The program initially will provide zero interest, 100% forgivable loans to Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs). Depending on the extent of program demand, the program may be expanded to for-profit and/or other non-profit developers, as set forth in the action plan."

Just wondered if anyone has applied for this?  I'm too small potatoes.

2Reply
21 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlantic City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I didn't even know about this program, Ceril. I think it is worth looking into, tho.  

    thanks for posting.

    Pat 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.