Fund & Grow Financing

Fund & Grow Financing

Justin SheleyBusiness Member
Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 220 votes

After listening to the Clayton Morris podcast (EP115 with Mike Banks) about the company Fund & Grow, I became intrigued with the idea of using business credit cards to buy rental properties using the BRRRR method. The whole concept seemed too good to be true, so I hopped on BiggerPockets to see what people were saying about Fund & Grow. I always find great content here, and more often than not I find the answer to my question before I even need to post and ask about it. However, with Fund & Grow, I didn't find much. (If anyone knows of a discussion about Fund & Grow that I didn't find please link me to it) There are a few discussions where people were considering using Fund & Grow to finance a deal, but none that I saw that went all the way through the process and used the funds to find a deal.

That being said, I decided to start this discussion post and share my experience with the company from day 1 till I refinance and hopefully complete the BRRRR method.

For anyone not familiar with Fund & Grow, they are a company started by Ari Page that helps you establish business lines of credit for the purpose of creating working capital for small businesses. In my case, I will be using the line of credit to buy properties in Rockford, IL and rehab them into rental properties.

Phase 1:

Currently I have enrolled with Fund & Grow and completed my initial consultation. This cost $3,000 for their service of negotiating and securing the business credit cards. I spent 1 hr on the phone with a very friendly consultant and discussed my plans for the business credit and established a sole proprietorship for both my wife and I. This allows the business lines of credit to not affect my personal credit score.  The first push for business credit will begin next week, and I should have access to an anticipated 60k by the following week. My wife is not currently receiving accounts yet until a more established credit history can be created for her.  We are currently lining up several refinancing options with banks in the area so that they are aware of what we intend to do. Currently we are being told that we can refinance the properties we buy with cash after 6 months. This is key for us, because we intend to buy and hold these properties and do not want to get stuck after the initial 12 months of 0% interest expires on our business credit cards.

Phase 2 is going to be actually receiving the cash into our account and making our cash purchase. I tried for brevity sake to not go into the entire Fund & Grow concept in my initial post, but if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns I'd love to discuss them.

43Reply
9,748 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 49 votes
9y
I used a similar system to receive roughly $40,000 in credit cards at 0% for a 12 month period. The company I used took 10% upfront and then helped me liquidate everything so I had usable funds fairly quick. I was able to do a flip with the funding I received and pay back all the money before my interest free period ran out. It was expensive, but the flip more than covered everything and I was able to get in the game. I would do it all over again if I had to.
See this reply in the discussion

885 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Ohio. · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I've been a fund & grow customer for a while now and it's been a wonderful experience for me and my family. I've been grateful for their help in getting me over $500,000 in business credit. Lines of credit or business credit cards. With introductory 0%, they will combine. What I mean by combining is, on the first round one will get a credit card of $40k. With 0% for a year. (This is where the BRRRR comes in). I'll use the line of credit to buy a property and start rehab and rent it out buy the 2nd or 3rd month. Time is a factor because you are making payments all ready. Payments are about 10% of the balance. Mean while making payments on the line of credit at the 0%. Fund&grow at the same time is showing you how to remove the inquiries off your credit report. The reason why this works its because it is business inquiry vs personal inquiry. If you do what they say, in a months time the inquiries are off your personal credit report. Business lines of credit report to a agency called duns and bradstreet.

    If one puts the time in one can do what fund and grow says in a timely manner.  Remember,  you have a year membership with fund and grow,  time is not on your side.  They have a service that can help you move forward at a cost. I didn't pay for their added assistance. 

    Anyway,  once you start round 2 with fund and grow they literally start over with credit cards again.  This time if you get a credit card with the same bank like I did.  They  actually work with bank and combine the 2 credit line together. In round 1 I received a credit card for $40k and in round 2 received $35k from the Same bank. F&G works with the bank and got them to combine the 2 limits together. Now I have a $75k line of credit with 0% interest for a year.  The year started over. 

    Go out by the properties and use the BRRRR. within 6 months or so refi to a 30 year loan. Then hammer this out. In 5 years you should have that loan paid off vs 30 years.

    To date I've bought 8 homes since I started with F&G, I should be on final round but I think I'm at my max. You have to maintain a low LTV%. I collect about $70k a year in rental income. One can't be stupid with this money because it's not yours. You are creating a river of money flowing through your life one day you will build a dam and the river will stop and become your lake of money. This take a lot of work and discipline.

    I can talk all day about my journey but go start yours.

    Want to thank Clayton and Natalie Morris. With the help of them I wouldn't learned about the system and fund and grow system.  

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    I received attended a webinar with Fund & Grow and the service that was provided was beyond my expectation.  The company says what it means and do what it says.

    There help with my credit was great.  I am looking forward to moving to the next process.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Fund & Grow helped me to get the credit I needed to start my own law firm and leave the stress of working for others behind. 

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Fund and Grow got me Over $60k for my new business at 0% interest. José Esparra was excellent to work with. He kept me informed through the whole process without bothering me. Really appreciate the company and the service!  This was just my first round and I do have a very good credit score, but super encouraging 

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Fund&Grow offers a free membership along with your membership. I have already purchased a membership. Instead of paying the full price, you can come in under my membership for half price. 

  • Attorney · Clifton, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 328 votes
    6y

    I have used Fund & Grow several times to secure financing and always had good results. I will be happy to recommend them to anyone.

  • Specialist · Newark, NJ · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 66 votes
    6y

    Hey, I'm thinking of taking the jump and doing this, can I potentially ask you a couple of questions before I make this decisions. 

  • Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Maimouna Sow:

    Hey, I'm thinking of taking the jump and doing this, can I potentially ask you a couple of questions before I make this decisions. 

    I'd be willing to answer some questions.

  • Specialist · Newark, NJ · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 66 votes
    6y

    @Justin Sheley

    Very helpful

  • Specialist · Newark, NJ · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 66 votes
    6y

    @Justin Sheley

    WOW THANKS FOR FOLOWING THROUGHT WITH THIS UPDATE!!

    I’m thinking of doing this, but I would have to use it for the purchase price. Would u recommend?

    50k for purchase

    50 for rehab

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    They real deal! They deliver what they promise. I worked with a couple of professionals there... Michael Richards and others. Mark Watt

  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Just went through my first round with Richard Rice at Fund and Grow.  I was a bit apprehensive at first, considering the initial fee is a significant amount of money, but I was approved for 80k with a personal credit score of around 760, probably could've gotten more if it weren't for covid.

    Everyone I dealt with at the company was communicative and knowledgeable throughout the whole process.  They were also prompt about providing the steps to erase the inquiries per the advertisement.  I would say the biggest plus for the service is convenience and the time that it saves if you aren't familiar with different types of credit cards and negotiating with the banks.

    Great for supplementing your repair budget for projects.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    6y

     @Justin Sheley, how did things end-up for you? Were you happy you used Fund and Grow? How much credit did you get? Successful BRRRR?

  • Union, OH · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hello, I'm following this thread as I am trying to gain research about Fund & Grow. Does anyone know what is a good credit score to have when starting with F&G?

    Thanks!

  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tiffany H.:

    Hello, I'm following this thread as I am trying to gain research about Fund & Grow. Does anyone know what is a good credit score to have when starting with F&G?

    Thanks!

    my score is about 760 and i got approved for 80k

  • Specialist · Newark, NJ · Member since 2017 · 80 posts · 66 votes
    6y

    They have a lot is hoops and turns. U could have good credit and they still wouldn’t be able to do much for u.

    And after doing my research I think it’s something u can do on ur own... and I don’t really think it’s ideal for real estate. 

  • Union, OH · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Albert H Shin:
    Originally posted by @Tiffany H.:

    Hello, I'm following this thread as I am trying to gain research about Fund & Grow. Does anyone know what is a good credit score to have when starting with F&G?

    Thanks!

    my score is about 760 and i got approved for 80k

    Ok thanks!

  • Union, OH · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Maimouna Sow:

    They have a lot is hoops and turns. U could have good credit and they still wouldn’t be able to do much for u.

    And after doing my research I think it’s something u can do on ur own... and I don’t really think it’s ideal for real estate. 

    Hello, did you decide to move forward in the process? Or if you did, was it not a good experience?

  • Rental Property Investor · Usa · Member since 2020 · 74 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    How is everyone converting  the credit to cash??

  • Sergio Roman IIPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · AUSTIN, TX · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Ive read through 22 of the 35 pages of this forum and the hardest question to get a solid answer on is how to liquidate multiple lines of credit into actual cash that can be used to aquire RE.

    I agree with many others that it might be expecting too much from this type of financing.

    Using the cards to pay contractors for rehabs (the contractors tht actually accept CCs) is a real option with this. But what everyone wishes this could do is allow you to completely purchase a property with the credit turned into cash. 

    strategies im still uncertain about: Paypal/Venmo (due to small volumes and fees), Purchasing gold/gift cards/etc and re-selling or cashing them out. Ive looked through my personal CCs and my one business credit line (not an actual card) and anything resembling "manufactured spending" is against the banks terms of use in the contract.

    One  *possible* option if youre already self-managing your properties and use a landlord/tenent portal (like app-folio or buildium) that is linked to an operating account would be to make contributions to your landlord account via your CC(s) and then cut a check from the operating account. I've used this to pay a painter and landscaper for big projects via my PM in the past for a fee (i think 3%). Not sure if there are other implications to this though. I'd enjoy reading someone that may know the backside of that.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I signed up for Fund & Grow after hearing about it from Les Brown. I used his discount code to save some money on the sign up fee. It was his personal endorsement that did it for me since his reputation is impeccable.

    My account manager Richard Rice made the process smooth. He's professional, responsive, and very easy to work with. He achieved just at $50K for my first round of funding. This will allow me to do some creative financing with my real estate investing.

    There are other companies that offer the same service, but Fund & Grow's flat membership fee is the cheapest. I'm looking forward to my second round!

  • Rental Property Investor · Blacklick, OH · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    @Sergio Roman II I was able to get it off my cards, you can inbox me I can talk to you about it thanks. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    I've had a mixed experience with Fund & Grow, but mostly positive. For my final round of funding I was lucky to have worked with Rebecca Kroon. I am incredibly thankful for her attentiveness, responsiveness and her level of professionalism.

    She's made my experience with Fund & Grow a rewarding one.

  • Dustin MorrisPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Salem, VA · Member since 2017 · 113 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Justin Sheley definitely interested in this thread as well, I’ve looked into find and grow before but not utilized them as of yet. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

  • Dustin MorrisPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Salem, VA · Member since 2017 · 113 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Avery Coleman that’s good to hear!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.