Fund & Grow Financing

Fund & Grow Financing

Justin SheleyBusiness Member
Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 220 votes

After listening to the Clayton Morris podcast (EP115 with Mike Banks) about the company Fund & Grow, I became intrigued with the idea of using business credit cards to buy rental properties using the BRRRR method. The whole concept seemed too good to be true, so I hopped on BiggerPockets to see what people were saying about Fund & Grow. I always find great content here, and more often than not I find the answer to my question before I even need to post and ask about it. However, with Fund & Grow, I didn't find much. (If anyone knows of a discussion about Fund & Grow that I didn't find please link me to it) There are a few discussions where people were considering using Fund & Grow to finance a deal, but none that I saw that went all the way through the process and used the funds to find a deal.

That being said, I decided to start this discussion post and share my experience with the company from day 1 till I refinance and hopefully complete the BRRRR method.

For anyone not familiar with Fund & Grow, they are a company started by Ari Page that helps you establish business lines of credit for the purpose of creating working capital for small businesses. In my case, I will be using the line of credit to buy properties in Rockford, IL and rehab them into rental properties.

Phase 1:

Currently I have enrolled with Fund & Grow and completed my initial consultation. This cost $3,000 for their service of negotiating and securing the business credit cards. I spent 1 hr on the phone with a very friendly consultant and discussed my plans for the business credit and established a sole proprietorship for both my wife and I. This allows the business lines of credit to not affect my personal credit score.  The first push for business credit will begin next week, and I should have access to an anticipated 60k by the following week. My wife is not currently receiving accounts yet until a more established credit history can be created for her.  We are currently lining up several refinancing options with banks in the area so that they are aware of what we intend to do. Currently we are being told that we can refinance the properties we buy with cash after 6 months. This is key for us, because we intend to buy and hold these properties and do not want to get stuck after the initial 12 months of 0% interest expires on our business credit cards.

Phase 2 is going to be actually receiving the cash into our account and making our cash purchase. I tried for brevity sake to not go into the entire Fund & Grow concept in my initial post, but if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns I'd love to discuss them.

43Reply
9,873 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Peabody, MA · Member since 2015 · 82 posts · 49 votes
9y
I used a similar system to receive roughly $40,000 in credit cards at 0% for a 12 month period. The company I used took 10% upfront and then helped me liquidate everything so I had usable funds fairly quick. I was able to do a flip with the funding I received and pay back all the money before my interest free period ran out. It was expensive, but the flip more than covered everything and I was able to get in the game. I would do it all over again if I had to.
See this reply in the discussion

885 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rutland Vermont · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Glad I found this thread. I'm having issues getting a reply from Fund and Grow. We paid them and haven't heard from anyone. It has been two weeks. Granted those two weeks had a few holidays, but no email or phone call. Also no reply to my support request about being overcharged on the initial payment. I'm very concerned about these guys, but it sounds like many people have had success. Any idea how to get someone to answer me at Fund and Grow?

  • Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Casey Richards:

    Glad I found this thread. I'm having issues getting a reply from Fund and Grow. We paid them and haven't heard from anyone. It has been two weeks. Granted those two weeks had a few holidays, but no email or phone call. Also no reply to my support request about being overcharged on the initial payment. I'm very concerned about these guys, but it sounds like many people have had success. Any idea how to get someone to answer me at Fund and Grow?

     When I went through the process they took my payment over the phone and then I was assigned someone from their team within a day or two. Have you tried calling their 800 # (looks like you'll need to wait until the weekday)? Not sure how you paid but nothing wrong with telling F&G that if they don't correct the initial payment issue that you'll need to dispute the charges.

  • Rutland Vermont · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the advice Tim. I think something went wrong for sure. I actually signed up before Christmas and I haven't heard a word. When I called the 800 number the lady told me they were behind because they had so many new clients. I continue to get emails every day promoting the service, but I haven't had any contact from the company outside of that. The receptionist had told me I would hear from them Friday morning (two days ago). This is where my concern comes for. We are over two weeks of silence now. You can bet I will be all over them Monday morning. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problems because it will tell me what I'm dealing with.

  • Adrian NavarroPro Member
    Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thank you to the F&G team that was able to raise $60 k the first round. Bianca Rivera was our rep, and all I have to say is that I couldn't be happier I decided to pull the trigger and Join their fantastic program. Onward and Upward!

  • Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Casey Richards:

    Thanks for the advice Tim. I think something went wrong for sure. I actually signed up before Christmas and I haven't heard a word. When I called the 800 number the lady told me they were behind because they had so many new clients. I continue to get emails every day promoting the service, but I haven't had any contact from the company outside of that. The receptionist had told me I would hear from them Friday morning (two days ago). This is where my concern comes for. We are over two weeks of silence now. You can bet I will be all over them Monday morning. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problems because it will tell me what I'm dealing with.

    Not sure what the issue is on their end but if I were you I'd find out when you're money back guarantee expires. Also, they should have informed you they were backlogged before taking your money (just my opinion).

    They emailed me last week to discuss my 2nd round of funding but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that yet.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    6y
    Just obtained over $133,00 on the first round with Fund & Grow. Very professional staff.
  • New to Real Estate · Bronx, NY · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Life is hard, but working with  John Madison over at Fund & Grow to obtain business credit made things easier. Thanks again John.

  • Bend, OR · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    I just got done with my first round of 0% credit business credit funding. Joe was my account manager and got me $60k in business credit. I'm very happy so far. It was very easy, they pretty much do all the work for you.  

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 2 votes
    6y

    I just finished my first round of Fund and Grow with Bianca Rivera and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She always answered my questions promptly and did everything for me to get as much money as possible and I am just thrilled with the results! I cannot wait for the next round! $$$

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston MA · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    I am working with Bianca right now and on my first round got $73K in business credit. She is professional, takes the time to answer my questions.  I was very skeptical at first because I tried this with a competitor and they basically didn't deliver me funding and left me with a huge amount of hard inquiries.  Fund & Grow really takes the time to review and analyze your specific situation.  They figure out in advance who the best institutions are for you and your situation and they really do call, follow up and negotiate with them on your behalf.  The system & program is comprehensive. I like how they send you information on how to best utilize the business credit and credit coaching package to get you ready for the next round.  So far I am very impressed

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Fund and Growth did a fantastic job for us. They got us over $139,000!!

  • Investor · Otsego, MN · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    Great to hear! We signed up about a week ago and looking forward to the process. Hopefully we can share our success! Thanks for sharing. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y
    I heard about Fund&Grow through a real estate investment group and decided to go with them based on great
    recommendations.  John M was fantastic to work with and he was able to get me almost $70k of business funding in the first go around within just a few weeks!  Highly recommended and will be using the funds to finance several real estate purchases in the near future.  
  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    I was nervous when I first worked with Fund & Grow because I didn't know what to expect. I use the approach of "If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is". However, I have been pleasantly surprised with my experience. They've been nothing but professional, helpful, and respectful. They're always accessible if I have any questions. So far, I'm through round #1 of funding and its been great. Looking forward to the rest! Thanks Fund & Grow!

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    For those who had received credit card funds during on their first round, how long did it take for you to receive your cards after F&G started applying for your credit cards? 

  • Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Froilan Halili, I received cards from five different companies and for the most part it took around two full weeks to receive the cards. With the exception of one of the companies the approvals and increasing were very quick (a few days after F&G submitted).

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    My loan counselor Brandon is a real professional. 

    He is easy to work with; and will tailor-made a money raising program for you ! 

    Excellent service ! Thank you !

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Froilan Halili:

    For those who had received credit card funds during on their first round, how long did it take for you to receive your cards after F&G started applying for your credit cards? 

    I got 4 cards in my first round. It took about two weeks for the cards to come in. One was delayed as there was an added verification process I had to go through. There was then another two week period my rep from Fund and grow (Giovanni) worked to get me significant increases in my credit limits. 

  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    I heard about FnG from a business partner - it's an interesting idea to have lines of credit at 0% APR to fund a project. From follow this thread it seems like the company is great for anybody getting started on their first project...but i'm a little concerned about it as a long term solution. From speaking to a rep there every round you are opening new credit cards to maintain your introductory 0% APR. This seems really weird to me how they can keep doing that. Am i missing something here?

    Also there seems to be a mixed consensus on if the inquiry removal actually works or not.  Pretty concerned about this part if they actually open up new credit cards every round.

    I thought about pulling the trigger, but my gut says stay away from it as a long term solution.  but still kind of on the fence.  My use for this program would be as a back up, if i run out of budget during a project and need to finish it.  It just doesn't seem prudent to have a lot of credit cards opened up in such a short period of time.


    Change my mind?

  • Nadia JarrettPro Member
    Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hello @Casey Richards, did you resolve your issue with fund and grow? I know they were backed up after their end of year specials. I was wondering if your received funding and how long the process took?

  • Valdosta, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Justin Sheley how did the funding go with this company?

  • Valdosta, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Maurice J. How did the funding go?

  • Investor · Otsego, MN · Member since 2014 · 45 posts · 29 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Allen C Herring:

    @Maurice J. How did the funding go?

    Still in process. Had a few things to get cleaned up on my end and will start applications the 23rd. Very supportive staff and great communication thus far.  

  • Valdosta, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Maurice J.

    Alright thanks for the heads up. I am looking into signing up myself!

  • Madison, WI · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Petr Anisimov how much can you get?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.