How to seller finance a MLS listing

How to seller finance a MLS listing

Field Service Manager · Scotch Plains, NJ · Member since 2017 · 90 posts · 31 votes

Members,

I found a potential seller finance deal within my farm area but it's listed on the MLS. How do I include a real estate agent into a seller financed deal? Property is listed on the mls and I don't want the agent to feel like I'm stealing her deals.

Thanks for your help

0Reply
5 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Hugo Alves if it's listed on the MLS it is likely they have a signed agreement. If you reach out to the listing agent that's the quickest and easiest way to get in touch them. The real estate agent is just a middle person that negotiates the price of the home. The agent will not have very much to do with the note. Just with navigating the transaction. Is that what you were looking for?

  • Field Service Manager · Scotch Plains, NJ · Member since 2017 · 90 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    Kind of, I have the owner direct contact as he's a friend if the family. I found out later that he was looking to sell. I'm concerned about how the agent would be paid for the sale if we agree to seller finance.

  • Ryan MurdockPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Hugo Alves Somebody will have to at least pony up the cash to pay the agent's listing commission. The seller may finance but it's unlikely the agent will and she is due a commission at the sale, regardless of financing terms.

  • Field Service Manager · Scotch Plains, NJ · Member since 2017 · 90 posts · 31 votes
    9y
    Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate your assistance!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.