Terrible debt-to-income ratio. Am I doomed?

Terrible debt-to-income ratio. Am I doomed?

New to Real Estate · Stowe, VT · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I used to move around a lot and constantly switch jobs, never really holding a solid job for more than a year, rarely over two years. I was in a phase where I just wanted to travel, have new experiences, and frankly, discover my passion. Well I feel I have discovered my passion; real estate investing.

The only problem is, this former lifestyle of mine has all but destroyed my debt-to-income ratio. I simply haven't held a job long enough for it to count as income (my bank requires two years of solid work).

So my question is this:

Am I doomed for the next two years or is there some other way I can jump into real estate investing head first? I plan on using the BRRRR method to acquire my first few properties and, since I'm broke, 100% financing from start to finish is a requirement of mine. Will hard money or private lenders lend to me knowing my debt-to- income is terrible or is this rule different for investment properties? I see a great deal of commission-only real estate agents getting funding for their investments so I assume there's a way around this dilemma. Thanks in advance everyone!

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 407 posts · 267 votes
    7y

    Private lending is a good option. Make sure you have a good deal that can handle the increased interest rate/fees. Or partner with someone who can qualify for the debt.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.