If you could borrow at 2%?

If you could borrow at 2%?

Member since 2008 · 8 posts · 0 votes

If you were able to choose from a range of investment mortgages... from those that are currently available in your local market and one that is available to you at 2%, which would you choose?

0Reply
95 views

59 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2008 · 141 posts · 1 vote
    19y

    trying to fair to the 2% guys, i did go to their site, and it looked legit... if they could just explain to me where they get their cut, it would be more believable. tx isn't part of it, so no worries. with the surge of lending changes coming, a foreign 2% loan seems like something to look into.

    if it applied to me, i might be motivated to try and get more info straight from lloyds. if they backed the claims, i would definitely believe it.

    see josh, i can be friendly... :D

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    19y
    Originally posted by "mortgagemonkie":
    Graham,

    Let's all assume for a minute this is 100% legit. Can you explain to all on the forum how a broker or loan officer makes money with this program.

    To be fair, I'll await the answer to this question.

    As for someone's comment on a website looking professional - this is 2007 - 6 year olds can program websites (many of older folks aren't as talented as they are) - it is not hard to build a reputable looking site, so don't judge a site on how "reputable" it looks.

    This has actually been quite a fun thread to read. A healthy dose of cynicism, some double identities, and an all out goood time! Well done everyone! Now, it is time for some TRUTH!

  • Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    hey Joshua Dorkin,

    I'm not a computer person like yourself, I was asked by Graham to Join this discussion because my family received a low interest loan and he wanted a person who has actually done it to speak up.

    I have been in Asia for 12 years supporting orphans, and outreach groups, and volunteer every weekend I'm in Japan helpin Japaneses couples with their big wedding day. Its a great life! This weekend we sent a whole shipping crate of childrens wheelchairs to mongolia!

    You can google me, and yes that me in the robe. I don't know how you as a founder can say

    " some double identities, and an all out goood time! Well done everyone! Now, it is time for some TRUTH!"

    you were the only one not telling the truth, I am who I am and my family has a wonderful low rate, but I learned the hard way this forum is about entertainment not education, if so then my beef is with Graham who asked me to join in. What a waste of time this forum has been, I wonder if all forums are a joke or if some are actually set up to share facts.

    Enjoy your "slaps" and jokes, some of us are to busy enjoying our families and life to waste time making fun of people, especially those trying to help.

    Aaron Frisell, in Japan

  • Real Estate Consultant · Forest Park, IL · Member since 2008 · 60 posts · 3 votes
    19y

    Aaron,

    You're the supposed President of Tokyo Capital One. I've contacted Lloyds and the Japanese Minister of Finance. Hopefully we'll have an answer regarding our suspicions either way.

    But don't you think there's an inherent conflict of interest when you're the "President" of Tokyo Capital One and you're directly affiliated with 2percentmortgage.com and you turn around and PUMP 2percentmortgage.com? I'm completely baffled as to what's going through your guys' heads'. What do you take us for? A bunch of dumb Americans?

    If there were such a thing available to Americans, are you suggesting that you're the only ones offering it? If this were true, every broker in the F'in United States would know about it! This would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

    But funny how NO ONE has heard of it....EVER! This would be on F'in 20/20, CNN, ABC, Scotsman, you name it. Yet it seems to be this deep dark secret that no one knows about.

    Do you actually think I would steer my client to fill out an 11 page application with every single little detail of financial info to some idiot in Japan.

    Get Fukin real!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Forest Park, IL · Member since 2008 · 60 posts · 3 votes
    19y

    By the way, we're all waiting to hear how anyone can make any money at this. Tell you what, you guys should call Darin. He's the owner of BrokerOutpost.com This website is the HOLY GRAIL of the US mortgage world. Damn near every broker and their brother belong to this site. Go ahead and post your claim on there.

    Know what, don't worry about it. I'll do it. I guarantee you this will get more press in the broker world then you can handle. Watch your website stats in the next several days, especially next week. I suppose any publicity is good publicity, right?

    They will pick this thing apart. If you're for real, you'll be kissing my arse. If you're not, you'll want to kill me.

    Watch this Josh...

  • Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    I shouldn't waste my time with you, its obvious you have some very personal issues that need to be dealt with, and I hope you resolve and learn to live and find joy in all areas.

    And yes not to brag, but since you bring it up I am the president and CEO of Tokyo Capital One here in Tokyo. Its a new company that I hope will help alot of people.

    and I also have an NPO to help the orphaned children throughout Asia, not that at this point in your life you care about helping others, which is obvious from your profanity and disrespect. And the problem is when you disrespect complete strangers, its obvious then how you must treat your family, and it doesn't have to be this way.

    Anyway I'm glad you contacted Lloyds TSB, you now know we are brand new and very excited about our new low interest program. If however you haven't contacted Lloyds and found out but are fudging a little, which I suspect you are, because your tone would have changed if you actually did find out we are not only real but on the brink of changing the world in the small area of investment properties for ordinary people. -- But For others reading who would!!!--- like to contact Lloyds for yourselves please call

    001 010 852 2847 3990

    I added the dialing code to make it simple, this is the office of Raymond Lau, Vice president of Lloyds TSB, Hong Kong Branch whom we work with, or you can call the main switch line by just dialing 3000 at the end and one of Lloyds office personal will direct you where you will. If you need to contact them by mail please write to:

    Lloyds TSB Bank plc
    Suite 3901 - 04, 39th floor
    Two Exchange Square
    Central Hong Kong

    We are in Tokyo so of course we work through the Hong Kong office.
    To you mr Chris Sanders I forgive you for your anger and hope that some day not only can you switch over to a 2% rate for your investments but that we can be civil towards each other in the future.

    One thing that is obvious when you live overseas for long periods of time as I have been doing is to know that we have to treat each other, all people as friends, give them a chance, don't be scared. I'm just an ordinary person who found a great deal that I want to share with the world. If you don't want to participate, no problem, but don't try to belittle me or my new venture or others like Graham.

    Graham is a wonderful man who has his own site representing this product, and I will do everything I can to help him succeed, even if it seems to be in direct competition to me. You wrong him by slandering his hard work on his site and I feel obliged to stand up for him as well. Everyone is not your enemy. I know you wont call to find out the truth and apoligise, i understand how dificult it is to say you made a mistake. No problem. But for everyone else out their who wants to find out about Tokyo Capital One from Lloyds own mouth, please call.

    We are brand new, and Tokyo Capital One won't even have a workable site up and running for at least 2 more weeks, thats how brand new this is. So please go through Grahams site, not my own. Its my own fault I'm not so good at putting up sites. And may the better man win (and in this case its Graham!

    And since this is my first conversation in a forum, I do need to apolagize if you are not supposed to mention websites or to tell people about where to find the information. You are completely correct Chis that I am "pumping" this new program. I didn't know their were rules against it on a forum, and say I am very sorry for breaking those rules. (if again what you are saying is truthful and it is against the rules)

    I think at this point everone reading can see who is truthful and who is not, but don't just take my word for it, please call lloyds and discover that you can switch over to a low interest yen program for yourselves. Even if it scares certain higher priced mortgage sellers.

    It is just starting in the US and if any of you like Graham, want to put up sites and sell this incredible new program, I will not be at all concerned with "competition" this program can help millions of Americans and thats whats most important, not competition amongst rival mortgage brokers.

    If any of you have contacts or the PR skills to work with the media, great! I personally don't have a clue with all that, so go for it and make your milions! lets just get the word out that American have a cheaper option.

    God bless you all! and you Chris!
    Aaron

  • Real Estate Consultant · Forest Park, IL · Member since 2008 · 60 posts · 3 votes
    19y

    Graham, Aaron:

    Is this site what you're talking about?

    http://www.golloyds.com/en/opf/index.php

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    19y
    Originally posted by "Aaron":
    I was asked by Graham to Join this discussion because my family received a low interest loan and he wanted a person who has actually done it to speak up.

    So you admit that you are a shill. When someone comes to the site spitting out things like:

    ts no scam, its the newest and greatest investment opportunity for everyone!

    they just sound like a bad advertisement (see: Head On)

    Originally posted by "Aaron":
    you were the only one not telling the truth, I am who I am and my family has a wonderful low rate, but I learned the hard way this forum is about entertainment not education, if so then my beef is with Graham who asked me to join in. What a waste of time this forum has been, I wonder if all forums are a joke or if some are actually set up to share facts.

    What lies am I telling? What is funny is that after insulting me and saying that the forum is a waste of time you continue to push this program out to everyone here. You even try to recruit people to "set up websites" to push the program. If it was a waste of time wouldn't you just leave and go on your way?

    People here make jokes because they have had conversations in the past - because there is a familiarity with one another. When someone just shows up trying to sell everyone, we get defensive.

    You are clearly associated with Gram and continue to deceive people by claiming that you are merely another satisfied user. Let me quote you once again:

    Anyway I'm glad you contacted Lloyds TSB, you now know we are brand new and very excited about our new low interest program.

    As others have reiterated, if there were any legitimate program offering 2% loans to anyone it would spread like wildfire and you wouldn't need the hard sell. You'd put every mortgage bank in the US out of business and would be the most powerful company in the world.

    Until that happens, I shall remain skeptical.

    As for being civil to one another:
    Had Gram told us about the program and you not intervened in the conversation lauding it as the greatest thing since sliced bread, we would have likely continued to ask questions and investigated it. When you came to the site, clearly associated with the product, you merely made us all a bit more skeptical. You were shilling for it whether or not you want to hear it.

    In case you weren't familiar with shills, here is a definition:
    A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage other potential customers unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services. Shills are often employed by con artists.

  • Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    [POST REMOVED BY POSTER]

    [LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

    [REST OF POST REMOVED BY POSTER]

  • Real Estate Consultant · Forest Park, IL · Member since 2008 · 60 posts · 3 votes
    19y

    Here's a link to Lloyds TSB. Apparently they offer this program and also offer a referral fee if you introduce a client.

    It appears that all this 2percentmortgage.com company is doing is setting up the introductions and getting paid for it. I would suggest to anyone thinking about this that they go directly to Lloyds:

    http://www.golloyds.com/en/opf/index.php

  • Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    19y
    Originally posted by "mortgagemonkie":
    Apparently they offer this program

    Read the fine print.

    Or show me the big print anywhere that says 2%.

    Thank you

  • Real Estate Consultant · Forest Park, IL · Member since 2008 · 60 posts · 3 votes
    19y

    I don't know where it mentions 2%. I think these 2%mortgage.com guys are full of it. But this is the only thing I could find that Lloyds offers remotely close to what these guys are claiming...

    I strated a big thread on Broker Outpost about this....check it out:

    http://www.brokeroutpost.com/loans/brokers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107395

  • Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    [POST REMOVED BY POSTER]

  • Member since 2008 · 23 posts · 1 vote
    19y

    This is good stuff!! Anyone else joining in?

    Hey, I had a loan product that I didn't pay any interest on. It was from my parents.

  • Real Estate Lender · Member since 2008 · 642 posts · 13 votes
    19y

    I'm still waiting to get a response to this question...

    Regards,

    Scott Miller

    Originally posted by "EZLoanz":

    Who absorbs the currency exchange when it is converted not once, but twice (before being lent out as greenback).
  • Investor · Phoenixville, PA · Member since 2008 · 257 posts · 18 votes
    19y

    Guys, just do a casual Google search for "yen japan mortgages" and you'll find all the truths you're looking for.

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes
    19y

    Be careful. You can borrow at 2% but it is Yen based. That means as the currency changes so does your payment and the amount that you owe. Suppose you borrow 100k at 2% and the Yen rises vs. the dollar by 20%, you now owe 120K. It could go the other way as well but the Yen is at historic lows vs. the dollar. If I had to bet on a direction I would bet on the Yen rising in the future not falling.

    8)

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes
    19y

    You have the site wrong, you added an “s”.

    http://www.2percentmortgage.com

    8)

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    19y

    Looks like all the other folks who have jumped on board to pitch this 25 thing have all removed their own posts and gone away. Does that tell you something?

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes
    19y

    Maybe they all thought about the consequences. The deal is legit but the risk is HUGE. A small currency swing can leave you owing a lot more than you borrowed. I would never do it.

    8)

  • Member since 2008 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    i have a littel skept. about this program too, but who wouldnt ill do my research though

    and ur right that japenese yen search did shed a lot of light

  • Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "biggerpo":
    Looks like all the other folks who have jumped on board to pitch this 25 thing have all removed their own posts and gone away. Does that tell you something?

    No, I was saying this guy is full of crap. And then my post was "edited" so I just left these forums because it seems someone with power here is involved.

  • Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "Rehab702":
    The deal is legit

    No, certain strict qualifications apply, which no one here applies for methinks.

    If I get edited again or kicked off, kindly remember me 8)

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    18y
    Originally posted by "steeny":

    No, I was saying this guy is full of crap. And then my post was "edited" so I just left these forums because it seems someone with power here is involved.

    There is no one on staff here with any affiliation with the 2% mortgages you're pitching. If your post was edited, it was probably because it did not follow the site's rules.

    The interest of the site admins and mods is to protect our members and keep our site sane. No one just gets kicked off. If someone is removed from the site, there is usually a pretty good reason.

  • Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    1. I am not pitching 2% mortgages, never was. I was trying to protect your users from this company. I am in real estate in Japan, saw their posts, and posted that their claims were false.

    2. I was never kicked off, it was self-exile. I meant that if I get kicked off for mentioning anything against these 2% guys.

    3. I guessed no one on your staff was affiliated with these guys. Just a case of odd moderation, which I don't want to complain about as I am not a regular user here so am not knowledgeable of what goes on at these forums. I was just annoyed that the link I provided to contradict the 2% claims was edited out by mod.

    Anyway, have a nice day.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.