• Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Utah Market, Incentives, Tax Breaks, Grants, Etc

River Luce
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Aug 9 2020, 12:25

Good Afternoon Bigger Pockets,

With all of this extra time from Covid-19 I have made it my goal to listen through every B.P. podcast and learn as much as I can. Yesterday I listened to a woman speak about a grant she was given by her state to help buy homes in her area. Because I've never heard this method used before I imagine it probably is only used in very distressed markets. Making it not viable for a large majority of investors. It did however get me thinking about trying to find more creative ways to finance through potential State and Federal programs. 

My Girlfriend and I are planning to relocate at the beginning of 2021 and see Utah as I viable option. I have heard great things about multiple markets their and see it as a good investment area. We have looked all over the state at places such as Ogden, Logan, Provo, Vineyard, Payson, and a few other cities. 

I would love to hear from Utah based B.P. members on your thoughts. Are there any programs you know of or have heard of that would be useful for a first time house hacker coming to the area? 

At the moment the option that appears to be most beneficial to us is applying for an FHA loan. On the other hand I know that many standard loans are starting to offer even lower interest rates the the FHA.

Any thoughts, help, or advice would be greatly appreciated!  

Loading replies...