Investing in your own LLC’s OZ fund?

Investing in your own LLC’s OZ fund?

New to Real Estate · Hornell, NY · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hi, I’m a newbie investor, only done research so far and I’m trying to establish my plan. I want to get into opportunity zone investing because in my small rural town Hornell, NY there are OZ’s and I've done a lot of research but couldn't find much about owning a small real estate LLC  with an OZ fund in a non competitive cheap market. Here are my questions that are keeping me from getting started:

P.S. Thank you in advance I appreciate any help!

1) Can the owners of the LLC invest their personal capital gains in their own LLC opportunity fund?

2) Can you invest capital gains after 2026 and still pay the taxes on the gains to get the tax free appreciation?

1Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Hornell, NY · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Also, any recommendations on who we should use to consult with professionally about our plans? 

  • Ashish AcharyaBusiness Member
    CPA, CFP®, PFS · FL · Member since 2017 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    1) You cannot have SMLLC as OPF. But you can invest in the partnership you establish. 

    2) Yes

    INVESTOR FRIENDLY CPA®5241 Reviews
    TaxMD™ | AI-Powered Tax Planning
  • New to Real Estate · Hornell, NY · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ashish Acharya:

    1) You cannot have SMLLC as OPF. But you can invest in the partnership you establish. 

    2) Yes

    It wouldn’t be a SMLLC it would be with my husband taxes as a partnership
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.