Appealing tax assessments in Jersey City

Appealing tax assessments in Jersey City

Rental Property Investor · Hudson County · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 12 votes

Hi BP - I  did a gut renovation on 3 family in jersey city last year.  The  dreaded tax assessment postcard came in the mail this year, and my property taxes have gone up 150%.  I knew taxes would go up, but wasnt sure if it would increase so much. Does any one have experience appealing property tax assessments in JC?

Thanks

Joseph

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    I did the same with a two family in Union City on the edge of The Heights, tax assessment only ended up being a 20% increase but I'd love to hear about the process to appeal if anyone reaches out. 

    I'm looking for my 2nd investment, which will most likely be in the heights and maybe looking to turn a single family into a multi. Would love to know, if that is my path when taxes would get re-assessed?  Would it be after zoning approval or would it happen on the next tax assessment cycle in town...

    Best of luck

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.