Borrowing money from capital firm in Dubai.

Borrowing money from capital firm in Dubai.

Real Estate Investor · LaSalle, IL · Member since 2011 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I am in initial talks with an old high school friend who is the managing partner of an investment firm in Dubai. I am wanting to purchase a 35 unit university apartment complex ($3.5mil). 

I am wanting to know if anyone knew of the tax consequences for the investor lending the funds? Does anyone know of the best way to borrow/ use the funds? 

0Reply
4 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Jared Haskell 

      only issue is withholding interest income produced from notes receivable .. now I did a bunch of these and there is a work around.. you need to talk to a very competent accountant.  but other than that no problemo

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Jared Haskell 

      also since this is a friend,  I am sure your not getting sucked into the scammers who promise you large loans .. You just need to send 5k for DD or you just need to buy this bond in Thailand etc etc.  Lots of those scammers out there

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.