Raleigh area Attorney and CPA references

Raleigh area Attorney and CPA references

Investor · Clayton , NC · Member since 2012 · 63 posts · 86 votes

I'm looking for an Investor friendly Attorney and CPA in the Raleigh/Durham area.  Also need to be knowledgeable about Solo 401(k)s.  

Thanks

John

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y
Originally posted by @John Upperman:

I'm looking for an Investor friendly Attorney and CPA in the Raleigh/Durham area.  Also need to be knowledgeable about Solo 401(k)s.  

Thanks

John

 As for an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @John Upperman:

    I'm looking for an Investor friendly Attorney and CPA in the Raleigh/Durham area.  Also need to be knowledgeable about Solo 401(k)s.  

    Thanks

    John

     As for an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

    Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

    Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

    If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

    For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

    So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

    Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

  • Attorney · Elizabeth City, NC · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Attorney: Zeke Creech

    http://zekecreechlaw.com

    One of the best!

  • Investor · Clayton , NC · Member since 2012 · 63 posts · 86 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Steven Hamilton II:
    Originally posted by @John Upperman:

    I'm looking for an Investor friendly Attorney and CPA in the Raleigh/Durham area.  Also need to be knowledgeable about Solo 401(k)s.  

    Thanks

    John

     As for an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

    Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

    Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

    If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

    For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

    So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

    Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

     Thanks, Steve.  Great advice.  I'll send you a PM and let's set up some time to chat.

    John

  • Investor · Clayton , NC · Member since 2012 · 63 posts · 86 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Will Norrell:

    Attorney: Zeke Creech

    One of the best!

     Thanks, Will!  Appreciate the reference.

    John

  • The Triangle, NC · Member since 2021 · 193 posts · 117 votes
    4y

    @John Upperman - who did you eventually select?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.