Looking for Houston CPA

22 Replies

We are investing in Houston rental property and are looking for a new CPA.  We would like to find someone aggressive, experienced in real estate investing, and local (we are located in Oak Forest).  Please reply or PM if you have any good recommendations!

Hi @Sarah Kline -

You may want to check out

Mark Pantak

He is very involved with the r/e investor community in Houston.  I don't know him personally, but many investors I know there do. 

Updated over 2 years ago

Sorry, I copied the wrong name. The correct person is Michael Plaks

Hi Sarah,

I've got a rockstar CPA who also invests in real estate which is why I picked her. I'll send you a PM with more info.

Originally posted by @Sarah Kline :

We are investing in Houston rental property and are looking for a new CPA.  We would like to find someone aggressive, experienced in real estate investing, and local (we are located in Oak Forest).  Please reply or PM if you have any good recommendations!

I have a colleague not far from you. If you'd like a referral to him let me know.
You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions

Olu Orekha would you please share the CPA contact info with me.

Thanks

@Olu Orekha would you mind sharing your CPA info with me as well?  Thank you!

Hi Olu Orekha , could you kindly share your CPAs contact info? Thanks for the help! - Armando

@Olu Orekha Hello Old could you please send me the CPA info as well? Thank you!

Olu Orekha Olu* sorry typo!

@Olu Orekha can you pm as well

@Olu Orekha  could you please send me your CPA's info! 

Thanks!

Hi @Olu Orekha! It's great to hear from investors in the Houston area. I would appreciate your CPA contact info. Thanks!

@Olu Orekha I know this is an old post, I just stumbled upon it! Could you please share your CPA contact with me as well? Please/Thank you :)

Wanted to bump this up, if anyone has a great houston-area RE-knowledgeable CPA to recommend, please send me info through PM. Thank you so much!

This post has been removed.

@Michael Plaks is well known and respected tax professional in Houston who works specifically with real estate investors, but most importantly he know his stuff. 

Hi @Olu Orekha , may I also have your CPA contact info?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here