Tax professional wanted in MN (twin cities area)

Tax professional wanted in MN (twin cities area)

Jon PetersonPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 8 votes

Hey Guys-

I am looking for a tax professional to help me prepare my taxes in 2017. I am looking for someone who has experience working with people with rental properties. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0Reply
6 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    My guy George Doyle CPA is  great and he owns rentals too! PM me for his info.

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jon Peterson:

    Hey Guys-

    I am looking for a tax professional to help me prepare my taxes in 2017. I am looking for someone who has experience working with people with rental properties. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

     I have some colleagues up there if you'd like a referral.
    You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

    Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

    Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

    If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

    For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

    So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

    Feel free to ask here if you have questions

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @John Woodrich:

    Hi @Jon Peterson

    If you are still looking for help feel free to send me a colleague request and private message.  We can help you out.

    John Woodrich, CPA, MBT

     John, We do not allow self promotion on the forums.

  • CPA/Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    I have a couple people I could recommend.  Message me if you would like their contact info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.