1031 Exchange Agents in McAllen, TX

1031 Exchange Agents in McAllen, TX

Contractor · Berkley, MI · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Has anyone had experience working with a 1031 exchange agent near McAllen, Mission or Edinburg, TX?  We've been looking but I'm hoping to hear from someone that has actually worked with someone and hopefully had a positive experience.

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

@Brian Durst  I'm in the process of using Dave Foster on an exchange. I'm in Georgia and Dave is in Florida.  It is my first exchange and he's been responsive, answered my questions and I'm a happy camper.  

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lauren SpeidelPro Member
    Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 164 posts · 119 votes
    8y
    Brian Durst Choosing a 1031 Qualified Intermediary is one of the most important aspects of a 1031 Exchange. I would recommend you interview a few companies and confirm that they have the expertise and experience to assist you. In addition, you should confirm that the company you choose is insured and bonded. I’d be happy to discuss Exeter 1031 Exchange Services if you’re interested. We are nationwide and I believe you’ll see that location isn’t as important as other qualifications.
  • Dave FosterBusiness Member
    Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    8y

    @Brian Durst, Location of your QI probably won't ever be an issue.  Most exchanges cross city and state boundaries between sale and purchase anyway using two completely different sets of closing professionals.  And of course effective consulting and communication has shrunk to the size of an iphone!  A QI with a nationwide footprint and demonstrated experience will serve you just fine.  You may also ask your title company.  

    Many title companies have "captive QIs" meaning their underwriter either owns or is owned by a QI firm and they have access to that companies services in house.  It's still a separate company from the title company and you'll still be talking to consultants not in your area.  But that's another option as well.  Many escrow officers get comfortable working with a certain QI and that's where their business goes.  But usually it's a pretty easy process to work with any title company or closing attorney.

    The 1031 Investor5137 Reviews
  • Investor · Mission, TX · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I have used RGV Intermediary services, they are very knowledgeable and have been in operation since 2007. Info is below.

    Nellie Mirelez (Legal Assistant)

    Law Office of Michael J. Daley, PLLC McAllen, Texas 78503

  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Brian Durst  I'm in the process of using Dave Foster on an exchange. I'm in Georgia and Dave is in Florida.  It is my first exchange and he's been responsive, answered my questions and I'm a happy camper.  

  • Registered Representative · Bend, OR · Member since 2018 · 91 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    You are in MI correct?  You can use one close to you as well and that way you can go in and meet with them in person.  There are no geographical limits with 1031 companies.  

  • Contractor · Berkley, MI · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Thanks all for the responses! Much appreciated.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.