Michigan Income Tax on Rentals

Michigan Income Tax on Rentals

Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes

My wife and I are-non US citizens, nor residents.
We both are partners of a Wyoming holding LLC.
This WY LLC is the only owner of a Michigan LLC.
In Michigan we have 2 rentals owned by this MI LLC.
Do we have to pay any Income tax to the Michigan State? If yes, where can I found more info?.

Thanks in advance.

0Reply
15 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 384 posts · 149 votes
    8y
    @Cris Tiannec Contract John Starnes of People’s Tax Center in Southfield, MI. He’s the best when it comes to these types of issues. ‭Google him or PM me for his info.
  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @Jabari Long  Thanks for your answer

  • Rental Property Investor · Lake Orion, MI · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    @Jabari Long hey there, would you recommend John for a straight forward sfr investor like myself. I'm in the process of buying my first property and I want to make sure I'm setting everything up correctly. Thanks!
  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    i don't. 

    Never got an answer to my email despite of I just only asked if he was a CPA specialized in real estate.

  • Real Estate Broker · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 384 posts · 149 votes
    8y

    @Michael McIntosh Yes I recommend John Starnes for you situation as well.

    Michael McIntosh

  • CPA · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 132 posts · 83 votes
    8y

    @Cris Tiannec Yes, you will have to pay taxes in the State of Michigan. You can find more information on the State's website at:

    https://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7-238-43513-...

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Ana Garcia:

    @Cris Tiannec Yes, you will have to pay taxes in the State of Michigan. You can find more information on the State's website at:

    https://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7-238-43513-...

    Here we have a good example of how difficult it is to find a good and serious CPA who know what he/she is advising.

    I had to ask several professionals and I found many doing a simple Google search that I had already done to give me a wrong answer.

    It really is very difficult. Most CPA do not even say hello if they do not charge you.

    The correct answer is NO. I do not have to pay any taxes to the state of Michigan.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.