Taxation on Passive Income and Losses

Taxation on Passive Income and Losses

Suwanee, GA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes

I am a limited partner in a non real estate business. Can I offset my Limited partnership income or a K-1 distribution income with my suspended rental property losses.

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ashish AcharyaBusiness Member
    CPA, CFP®, PFS · FL · Member since 2017 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Arun V.:

    I am a limited partner in a non real estate business. Can I offset my Limited partnership income or a K-1 distribution income with my suspended rental property losses.

     You can. 

    Distribution is not equal to income by the way. 

    INVESTOR FRIENDLY CPA®5241 Reviews
    TaxMD® | Tax Planning Software
  • Lance LvovskyPro Member
    Accountant · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 753 votes
    7y

    @Arun V.

    Generally yes you can. Assuming no grouping elections made.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.