Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 814 posts · 425 votes
Can anyone offer their experiences with the gold level service at trustetc? Is it worth it or unecessary? I'm hoping to get set up in the next few days.
thanks!
Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
14y
I want to say thank you to Ann Bellamy for walking me through an ETC titling issue that ETC should have done for me. ETC, please forward the fees I'm paying you to Ann.
Investor · Statewide, MO · Member since 2011 · 814 posts · 425 votes
13y
Geof Greeneisen Good news! Thanks for passing that info along. It's good to know.
Steven Hamilton II
Today, they finally emailed me. Still, no returned phone call as promised..let's see.... 1,2,3,4.. times.. wow, 0 for 4. The "contact me if you need anything" salesman, at least 3 emails, and no response. The person whose computer kept having problems also has somehow failed to respond to my email from last night as well. Their decision was to fix their mistake and to lob another hollow apology at me.
My response to that, sent a minute or two after receipt of their email, was a polite request for a refund of all fees, including any fees to transfer my account to a company I would be comfortable working with.
The manager that emailed me failed to respond to my request today, and chances are, I'll probably have to make 6-12 phone calls and a bundle of emails to find out if they will make good on the headache they have created.
All in all, if they're donkeys about it, I'll be out $450 in fees, for less than one months worth of their "service." (setup fee, custodian fee and transfer fee)
Oh, and then I'd have no other choice than to make sure the entire story from start to finish was shared in many places.
Ann Bellamy
Thanks for the insight. I think my EECB was partially blocked and probably didn't get to the inboxes of the people I was trying to reach. As to their computer updates, on two of the four calls I was on, the reps informed me that they couldn't access the necessary information becuase their systems were down.
Also, thanks for informing me of the likeliness that I would be wasting my time reaching VIPs at the company. I guess it's easier to face that sort of resistance with a family owned and managed company. Good to know.
In my research, I found a site where existing and prior emplyees rated their companies and ETC was on there. The comments and ratings were pretty bad.
Joshua Dorkin
Kent Kinzer was included in the EECB. Never did hear from him or get any indication that anyone saw the message.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
13y
Ed O. - I'm sorry to hear about your experiences . . . truly. I wish there was more I could do, but unfortunately it is out of my hands. Good luck with your hunt for resolution.