New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 6 votes
Hey all,
I've made it a mission this year to start seeking out a new accountant here in the Dallas area. I own 1 property, and I don't currently have any rental income, but would like to start building a long-term relationship with a knowledgable professional who understands REI and who will be able to understand my goals as I move forward. I prefer someone local that I can actually sit down and speak with face to face. If anyone in the area has recommendations, please send them over!
Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
5y
Jesse,
Are you open to working with your accountant remotely? I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.
I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
5y
Three you might try are David Bradley, Mia Reeves, Beth Williams. You can DM me if you can't find their contact info and I will provide for you. All great CPAs in DFW area.