Any cpas in chicago to help me with learning taxes

Any cpas in chicago to help me with learning taxes

Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 5 votes

I am a 16 year old working on trying to learn the tax law and getting into real estate. I would really appreciate if there were any cpas in chicago area that are willing to help me learn the tax law and assist me with learning the real estate tax write offs.

2Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael PlaksPro Member
    Tax Accountant / Enrolled Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Daniel Luna

    Thumbs up for wanting to learn it this early. CPAs are not able to spend their valuable time on private lessons, and you are probably not able to pay their hourly rate.

    Your best bet is to offer to volunteer some free work for them in exchange for learning, aka internship.

    Or - dare I suggest - there're books on Amazon and videos on YouTube.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Daniel Luna - Agreed with @Michael Plaks on his 2 suggestions volunteer or read some books.  Believe it or not, BiggerPockets has a book on taxes, here is a link:https://store.biggerpockets.co...

    Also, I recommend @Steven Hamilton II to any Chicago investors looking for a rockstar CPA (maybe he wants a volunteer?), but he's getting so busy I might have to stop giving his name out haha

  • Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Michael Plaks

    Are there any books you suggest I love reading

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.